Atrocities of War (part 1) - Language Warning - Page 3

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atrocities of War (part 1) - Language Warning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanMGSmith View Post
    ...unable to breathe with throat being crushed, is what woke me. Just as you say, transition from sleep to defcon-1 is instant. Lucky me, we were only on a training manouvre. Never experienced live combat, hope I never shall.

Atrocities of War: If this is about your personal experiences in Afganistan you may find, over time, that your feelings and understandings change somewhat. This could be both a good and a bad thing but keep your first scripts without change, because in time they will likely be your best reference.

You have the makings of a great story and a revelation of the "ugly" side to "pretty pretty, we're all nice people here" society.

I am also replying to your more recent thread, something about "lost without a cause" and you whining (sorry) about not being a good writer or something. Like the rest of us, you do need to edit and spellcheck and you can improve your writing skills right here. There is no doubt in my mind you have an amazing story to tell and if you don't wish to write it yourself, perhaps someone could direct you to where a publisher might provide a ghost writer. Journalists and newspapers would be interested if you are offering any new revelations.

Please get this story out Lew,

Ian
    I know how with my most recent post it can come across as whining. I don't have the patience to be a writer is the best way I can put it. The longer I write, the worse my writing gets. I'm easily distracted. I can't even write this response to what you wrote without turning and watching the television. In my mind its not a lack of attention, it's a thirst for my brain to soak up as much information as possible. For good or bad, its a problem for my ability to write.

Hey Lew,

I kinda figured. Yeah, writing can sometimes create more questions than answers.

Loss of attention/cognition can be associated with depression so please check with your doctor if it continues to trouble.

I (humbly) suggest you hang onto what you have written, it's good and you never know, one day?

Ian
    Last edited by IanMGSmith; December 20th, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
    golden streak splits the distant horizon
    magnificent explosion of dazzling light
    stunning, defiant
    ...daybreak, and life is simply awesome
    - ian m.g. smith (2011)

Blog Entries
    I'll have another installment tomorrow. It will more than likely only be three to four pieces. I never intended it to be more than a short story. People have asked me about character development and even giving people names, that's not going to happen for a reason. The vagueness represents a point I am making regarding the war and how its so much like a 9-5 job for a blue collar worker, and not the romantic, hostile experience that people think it is. People need to understand this isn't war anymore, this is police work. Faces change, names change, the enemy doesn't.

That's good news!

Might be away a few days but will look for it.

Ian ...now off to catch some zzzzz s
    golden streak splits the distant horizon
    magnificent explosion of dazzling light
    stunning, defiant
    ...daybreak, and life is simply awesome
    - ian m.g. smith (2011)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123