Empress Theresa - what do you do with unlimited power ? - Page 6

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Empress Theresa - what do you do with unlimited power ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post

Where did heck did you get that!
    I'm referring to this:
    The only element that would be hard to get people in general to accept is the entity called HAL.

This is why I started talking about the willing suspension of disbelief.

What goes on on this forum?
    Okay, I made a comment you didn't agree with. How is that the forum's fault? Let's keep it about what is under discussion here.

Hope that clears things up.
    Hidden Content in the Daily Dose of Dialogue

The good and bad of publishing: Hidden Content

Banned
    Maine - we're here so you don't have to be

Post #51 "forgot" to mention this from post #49:
    My point is that
    you sounded like you're faulting readers, as though perhaps they're not going to buy into your HAL character because of some shortcoming of their own.
    That clears it up.

Blog Entries
    Okay, ET, please enjoy your time on the forum. Perhaps someone else can help you.
    Hidden Content in the Daily Dose of Dialogue

The good and bad of publishing: Hidden Content

Theresa doesn't have unlimited power of any kind.
    Theresa acquires limitless power extending over the entire globe.
    Yes, I don't think I can be much help here.
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

Banned
    Theresa doesn't have unlimited power of any kind.

Theresa acquires limitless power extending over the entire globe.

Yes, I don't think I can be much help here.

I agree. You can't help.

I've already adequately explained before,
    Theresa's power is in the physical sense. She can move matter around anywhere. No limits.
    But this doesn't mean she has unlimited power of any kind.
    She can't grow food. She can't turn an apple into an orange. She can't read minds. She can't time the stock market. She can't predict the future. She can't write a hit song. She can't rig elections. She can't..... etc etc
    She can't even do a new action of moving matter around at the spur of the moment. It takes her a few days to program HAL to do a new action using the complicated code she has invented for controlling HAL. Until she finishes this programming she is powerless for that action.

Either
    you simply don't understand what you're reading,
    or
    you're deliberately picking my sentences out of context from different sources and putting them together so as to make me look self-contradictory and to make it seem I'm saying something I didn't say,

something I have seen done everywhere, on this forum and other forums, something I never do myself because I'm not out to get anybody.

Neither of these two choices is good, my young friend.
    Last edited by empresstheresa; November 29th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Might be worth recalling a little detail in post #20:
    Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa
    So did people on an atheist forum I joined a couple of months ago for laughs. I started a thread arguing for the existence of God.
    So when empresstheresa becomes needlessly insulting in addition to obtuse and uninterested in helpful criticism, we should keep in mind he might just be doing it for the lulz.

Banned
    Might be worth recalling a little detail in post #20:

Originally Posted by empresstheresa
    So did people on an atheist forum I joined a couple of months ago for laughs. I started a thread arguing for the existence of God.

So when empresstheresa becomes needlessly insulting in addition to obtuse and uninterested in helpful criticism, we should keep in mind he might just be doing it for the lulz.
    Number 1:
    That atheist forum said believers were welcome to discuss things.
    Of course, when they identify a believer who has joined their forum, they attack him mercilessly.

Number 2:
    You cannot know that I was insulting on that atheist forum because you can't see the thread I started there unless you're a member. I can't even see it myself because I was banned.

Therefore,
    your "argument", such as it is, falls apart.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In ET, Theresa becomes a worldwide hero.
    Everybody wants to talk to her. Every reporter wants to ask questions. All the talk shows want her on.

But she knows human nature and knows the manipulations that will be attempted on her.

She withdraws from public life. She meets no one, ignores reporters, makes no public appearances, doesn't even wave back to the curious who see her on the street.

If I was smart, I'd to the same.

Let's get this thread back on the discussion of the work posted not on the intentions of the people posting. That will only lead to trouble.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

I agree. You can't help.
    Please explain to me who can, and I will try to emulate them.

I will also stop pointing our contradictions in what you say, as that doesn't seem to help make my confusion about certain areas of this go away. But I cannot continue to discuss your work unless you tell me what you want the discussion to be about.
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

Banned
    Let's get this thread back on the discussion of the work posted not on the intentions of the people posting. That will only lead to trouble.
    Sounds fair.

However,
    I've already given away a lot of info about Empress Theresa, and can't give away any more without giving away the "crown jewels", as somebody called it. That wouldn't be smart.

I see no reason to keep the thread active.
    This should be no surprise at this point if you check my last words in my last post.

Good luck with your writing careers, everybody.

Lock it up if you wish, Terry. I don't need it anymore.
    Last edited by empresstheresa; November 29th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.