Empress Theresa - what do you do with unlimited power ? - Page 22

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12141516171819202122

Thread: Empress Theresa - what do you do with unlimited power ?

I quit reading about 3 pages in - eyes crossed, brain spinning, and totally confused about what the whole post was for...
    Has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Just read through a lot of it and I must say some people have the patience of a saint. Cadence in particular.

It became a lost cause a long time ago and is still one now. God only knows how this novel isn't a best seller.
    It was never a found cause. An attempt at the ultimate "gifted child" tale, but without the charm of say, "More Than Human", the cleverness of Henry Kuttner's several efforts, the sheer scary of Jerome Bixby's "It's a Good Life", or the subtlety of "Gomez". I would be not at all surprised to find this thread, almost identical in rancor and misunderstanding, at another site just as soon as it finally winds down here.
    Likely it'll end soon now that the observers have started to get all Heisenbergian on it.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

It was never a found cause. An attempt at the ultimate "gifted child" tale, but without the charm of say, "More Than Human", the cleverness of Henry Kuttner's several efforts, the sheer scary of Jerome Bixby's "It's a Good Life", or the subtlety of "Gomez". I would be not at all surprised to find this thread, almost identical in rancor and misunderstanding, at another site just as soon as it finally winds down here.
    It's opened up a good exercise for me, though. Perfection is a difficult concept; as I mentioned to ET, I am going to try to write a similar story, though focusing more on the small-scale difficulties the character faces. And probably with a better outline than the hastily drawn-up one I offered at one point in the thread. Thank you for giving me this idea, ET.
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

Apologies (and thanks) to everyone who posted in this thread but I'm afraid it has run its course.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.