Not what I expected

Thread: Not what I expected

Not what I expected

This is taken late at night. The web is under an external light.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	3604
    The next web is between two sliding window. On the outside is the netting to stop bugs getting in. This is the window I look out of while I am on the computer. I watched the web being built over the weeks. I didn't clean the windows because I did not want to disturb the spider.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funnel spider.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	3605
    Last edited by dolphinlee; October 27th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

I really like the first one. I think it's amazing what happens to light in that kind of a situation. I don't really see the web in the second one; I'm wondering if we'd get a better sense of the web itself if you changed the depth of field to get rid of the bug screen being so dominant. Right now, that spider in #2 looks like he's on a specimen slide

Lorraine

Abbey08

I wish I had a decent camera. The web is a tunnel with a funnel of web on the top and the bottom. Unfortunately the web has collapsed and I won't be here next year to try again.

I like the first one, very neat.

In the second one, it's hard for me to get over the *stomp* urge, gut reaction. Though in reality, the way the spider has made it's web trap, is interesting, almost looks like a tornado formation.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinlee View Post
    Abbey08

I wish I had a decent camera. The web is a tunnel with a funnel of web on the top and the bottom. Unfortunately the web has collapsed and I won't be here next year to try again.
    Now there's the pity because I think that #2 could be very cool. Here's hoping that in your future is an inexpensive DSLR; you have a good eye and need to pursue your photography.

Lorraine

Love the first one...that is brilliant.
    Life's too short to drink bad wine or eat indifferent cheese