Fall shots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall shots

Fall shots

My woods are alive with color these days. When the sun hits the trees they almost look like they're on fire sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brightleaves.jpg   orangeleaves.jpg   redbush.jpg   talltree.jpg  
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

These are lovely. I miss that. Around here the only natural fall colours are brown, straw yellow, and grey. There is one exception; the Toxicodendron diversilobum turns a brilliant red before shedding it's leaves. We haven't had a cold snap yet, so generally the leaves are just drying brown and wilting off. The plant is an excellent creaper/ espalier and demands little maintenance. It actually demands it, or else.

Toxicodendron diversilobum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicodendron_diversilobum
    Last edited by Kevin; October 20th, 2012 at 07:04 PM.

Thank you, Kevin. Having lived close to "lawzanjelleez", for most of my adult life, I know exactly what you mean about the lack of color in the changing seasons, in fact, there isn't a great deal of change at all.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Gorgeous! The blue sky makes me want to take deep breaths, just looking at the pictures! I hope to get to go up to the Blue Ridge once this fall, to take pictures of the colors (and maybe visit just one winery...).

I particularly enjoy the first photo. Not only are the colours beautiful but the POV is unusual, a rare thing.

I am enjoying my last Canadian winter. (Moving to the England for a while).

Out of my study window is the most beautiful Canadian maple which is displaying it's autumn finery, I feel, just for me.

Incredible. . . Especially the last one. I only wish autumn could last more than a week in NE Ohio. . .

You know that 'fall' is all about trees having their anual poo right?

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    You know that 'fall' is all about trees having their anual poo right?
    It's Nature's Annual Fashion Strip Revue,
    a riotous strut on the catwalk and then
    a brazen blazing exposure of bare limbs,
    daring designers to do better next time.

Only a potty could equate the act of undressing
    with the impending elimination of wastes.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

It's true, during autmn they pump all their bad bits into the leaves and then grab a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    It's true, during autmn they pump all their bad bits into the leaves and then grab a newspaper.
    Trees make a dooty. Something new I can tell all my friends.
    Last edited by Kevin; November 1st, 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast