Another WIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another WIP

Another WIP

I'm still cleaning this one up and correcting at a pixel level, but it's the same deal as the wizard thread, a graphite drawing with effects layered over it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleaned up snakeman.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	3538
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    A secret crush, Gumby?!
    Shhhhh! You will speak of this to no one! Remember Bazz's story and the Hessian sack? Mmmmuuuwaaahaha!
    There is no life I know

Shhhhh! You will speak of this to no one!
    Now leave and find the Golden child.

Nice work, I like the textures on the 'frame'
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Can you steer me to a good tutorial on learning to do this? Charcoal, oil, and water colour all have their attractions, and I'll never give them up (nor the camera, for that matter) but this is another craft I'd love to learn.

Edit - Forgot to mention - this is boootiful.
    El día ha sido bueno. La noche será larga.

Thank you, Olly and garza. I'm having a lot of fun playing around with these.

There are a lot of programs out there, Adobe Photoshop being the big one. I actually have that one, but find it's too complicated for me and I haven't taken the time to learn it, yet. The program I've used here is simply the free one provided by Photobucket. They have an advanced editing which is pretty simple to use, and you can zoom in to clean up at the pixel level, along with the basic editing in which you can add effects and layers. Since Photobucket is free, it's a pretty sweet deal, garza.
    There is no life I know

I am loving it, honestly I do - but isn't something about his posture very... camp?

I think I love it more because of it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" - Theodore Roosevelt

Hidden Content - Cute Warning |Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by HKayG View Post
    I am loving it, honestly I do - but isn't something about his posture very... camp?
    Absolutely, camp is a good description. He's very much striking a pose. I suspect he's a conceited type of man, er, snake, um, snakeman.
    There is no life I know

cool effect, bizarre image, must have some meaning that I'm unaware of : )
    ---todd

I particularly like the face. The expression reminds me of an akido master I once saw - supremely confident about his abilities and ready for action. All that is a few lines - well done.

I do like the edges and the fact that there is light behind and dark in front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast