Courtjester's Food For Thought - Page 252

Thread: Courtjester's Food For Thought

East Yorkshire Coast, England, United Kingdom
    The Source Of All Inspiration

My life’s experiences have taught me how astrology, the Divine science, can provide us with a better understanding of the processes of our present existence and how this knowledge can considerably ease our passage through it. I would not have taken any further interest this subject if it was nothing but fortune telling. What attracted me to it like a magnet was its higher esoteric side that relates to the evolution and development of the individual and collective human psyche, the soul. Once I had started writing about the meaning behind the astrological concepts, ever more insights came to me. As time went by, it became increasingly clear to me that in contrast to the attempts at astrological fortunetelling that have been made throughout the ages, the astrology my inner teacher was helping me to find and develop works with ideas that have their origin on the highest levels of life.

This raises the question: where does any inspiration we receive, as human beings on the Earth plane, actually come from? With the help of our inner guidance, the wise one or living God within, God and the Angels have always been trying to show us intuitively the right way of going about things. They are the small still voice of humankind’s individual and collective conscience, which for a long time has been ignored to our detriment. Now at last, ever more of us are becoming aware of the preciousness of their inner guidance and are willing to follow it.

The earthly mind of every human being is a receiver/transmitter station for the ideas that are constantly flowing from the highest levels of life into our earthly existence. The knowledge that comes from there is available to all who are ready to receive and understand it. And because it is given free of charge, in my view they do not belong to any individual person but to everybody. Every human being’s small still inner voice of consciousness is one of the manifestations of the Highest. The flow of my inspiration can be sparked by anything in my daily life. Fresh ideas and insights frequently arrive from where I would least expect them. I suspect that, if one went out looking for them, they would refuse to come. Frequently, I feel motivated to take a thought or an idea that was first given through someone else, a step or two further.

I have never been one for swallowing things blindly. Whenever I come across some spiritual knowledge that is new to me, my inner guidance tells me whether it is true or false. Only when in my heart of hearts I know that something makes sense, when I can verify with my own eyes, inner and/or outer, that it is true, am I willing to take it on board. I only share it with others when I feel that in some way it could be of interest and help to them. I have always found that the more of my insights I give away, the more fresh ones come flooding in – it’s quite magical and also extremely hard work.

During the early stages of my work, when I had been writing about one theme or another and maybe thought what emerged was a bit too daring and way out, time and again it happened that after a while someone else’s insights into the same subject quite naturally came my way. Usually they came through one of White Eagle’s teachings in Stella Polaris, the magazine of the White Eagle Lodge. They always felt like the Universe’s way of reassuring me that what my inner teacher told me – wrote through me – was all right and meant to be given to others.

Some might say such happenings are coincidences. How does one explain them? As we know by now, there is no such thing as coincidences and accidents and everything has purpose and meaning. That we fail to recognise them for what they are, as we often do, does not mean they don’t exist. My feeling is that these things happen because, as mentioned earlier, at least potentially we are all channels of communication, receiver and transmitter stations, for the wisdom of the Highest. This is how, whenever the time is right for its appearance, a fresh amount of the Source’s wisdom and knowledge is seeded into the individual and collective consciousness of our world.

They are meant to be received, worked with, explored and then distributed by those who are sufficiently evolved for playing this part. That’s how, from the beginning of humankind’s appearance in earthly life, ever more spiritual knowledge from the water-bearer, the intellectual aspect of the Great Father/Mother of all life, has gradually been flowing into our world. With the passing of time, increasing numbers of earth-bound spirit/souls have been trained by God and the Angels to tune their earthly minds into the frequencies of their consciousness, so they can be used as receiver/transmitter stations for fresh spiritual knowledge. Those who are no longer required to provide this service are free to move on to continue their studies on the higher and eventually highest levels of life.
    Who Is Blind?
    The one who is unable to perceive another world.
    Who is dumb?
    The one who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right moment.
    Who is poor?
    The one who is plagued by too many desires.
    Who is rich?
    The one whose heart is contented.

Anon.

Created In God’s Image

Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
    You created us in Your image and placed us on the Earth,
    So that in the course of many lifetimes
    We should evolve and grow ever more like You.
    Your powers are also in us,
    Please show us how to master and handle
    Them safely and responsibly,
    Following Your will and wishes, not ours.

You granted us the gift of our present lifetime,
    So our earthly self can at last become aware of its true nature.
    The wisdom of the Mother’s love from time to time gave us
    New myths and legends that brought us ever closer to this discovery.
    This included the tales like the ones of Uranus and Gaia,
    The Lords Krishna and Buddha,
    Abraham and Moses, Jesus and the Virgin Mary,
    And many others whose traces are lost in the mists of time.

The latest one, the Jesus legend, you gave us as a metaphor
    And to illustrate all human soul’s predestined pathway through life.
    It reveals to us the initiations all of us have to experience,
    To evolve into a Master and Christed one,
    Each in their own right.
    Through the death of the man on the cross
    You showed us that our life, too,
    Is an absolute continuum
    That has neither beginning nor end.

For all these things we give thanks and praise to You,
    Because now the Spirit of the Universal Christ,
    Your only born Son/Daughter, is calling all of us
    To make the Jesus story a reality in earthly life
    By carrying out the work
    For which You created us and brought us into being,
    In the first place and now into our present existence.

You are our true Father/Mother and the spark of
    The Christ spirit is stirring from its slumbers
    And coming alive in ever more human hearts.
    In Your presence and Your holy name,
    We enter into our mediations and quiet reflections
    On the beauty and wonder of Your Creation
    And what great honour it is to be allowed
    To take part in it.

You are the Source of all inspiration
    And we pray that all our thoughts and ideas
    Should have their origin in You
    And be for the highest good and the greatest joy of all.
    Please show us ways of conducting the gift of life
    You have bestowed upon us to worship and adore You,
    Your love and Your glory,
    So that enriched with the learning of all our lifetimes,
    We return into the conscious awareness
    Of our oneness with You.

Amen

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Telling A Truth From A Lie

Through the inner connection with the Source of our being in the fullness of time every one of us will eventually gain access to all Its wisdom and knowledge. The Age of Aquarius is the age of truth during which it is going to flow with ever increasing strength into the individual and collective consciousness of our world. With this the ability of distinguishing between right and wrong, and telling a truth from a lie is becoming of ever greater importance. But how shall we go about it?

Any kind of information causes within us a reaction from the world of our feelings whether something is right or wrong. This applies in particular to fresh spiritual knowledge that we are finding along the pathway of our present lifetime. The more we tune into our inner guidance, the wise one or living God within, the more clearly we receive its signals that what we are hearing or reading is either in keeping with the Source’s wisdom or not. This is our own built-in lie detector, which every human spirit/soul possesses, at least potentially. Once the inner connection with our Highest or God Self has been re-established, constant practice helps this aspect of our nature to grow ever more powerful. Eventually, it gets so strong that, at all times and in all situations, the resonance from the depths of our own being tells us quite reliably where we stand with regard to what is before us.

Jesus is but one of the many symbols of the wise one or living God within everybody. It is the only truly reliable and trustworthy teacher and guru in the whole of Creation and that is its way of teaching us earthlings the art of discernment. The higher or God aspect of our nature is part of the Christ and its home is on the highest levels of life, it is the Christ. And that’s the constant companion who has always guided and protected us and forever will continue to do so, on the earthly plane of life just as much as anywhere else in the whole of Creation, wherever our future studies and explorations may be taking us. This aspect of our being knows us, its earthly counterpart, better than we shall ever do. It is familiar with all our needs and especially the spiritual ones. Through it we intuitively receive the wisdom and knowledge of the Highest that is right for us.

This wise one within decides how much of it we are capable of digesting at any given stage of our development. It knows when we are ready to find out more, then brings it to us and helps us to understand it. And that’s how it comes about that some of us to this day are completely satisfied with believing that Jesus Christ is a historical figure, who once really did walk the Earth. The revelation that the story of the Master’s life is but a legend only comes our way when we have evolved sufficiently and are mature enough to cope with the truth. Only then are we ready to grasp that Jesus represents the archetypal God-man, the Highest or Christ part of everybody’s own being, who from the moment of our creation has been waiting to wake from its slumbering state and come alive in us.

This explains the necessity for updating and upgrading the spiritual knowledge that God and the Angels gave to our world from time to time. New religions and belief systems then emerge that are intended to move us, individually and collectively, another step forwards on the evolutionary pathway that eventually returns every human spirit/soul into the fully conscious awareness of its own Divinity and oneness with our Creator, the Great Father/Mother of all life. Their own born Son/Daughter is the Universal Christ, the Sun of all suns and Light of all lights. Every one of us is a spark of this light.

That’s how what once was considered to be the truth, in the light of humankind’s moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life that, which for all of us with the passing of time, brings a better comprehension of such things, becomes not an untruth or a lie, but merely an outdated belief. Discarding the old ones about us and our world, our place and role in it, takes a long time. Initially there is a great inner resistance against this, but gradually the new revelations sink ever deeper into the individual and collective consciousness of our world. For all of us there eventually comes the moment when we can see for ourselves how the false beliefs we are legging to of are taking us home into the awareness of our true nature. This process of deep inner soul healing each one of us has to work their own way through and when we are healing, our whole world heals with us.

One of the laws of Creation is that new things can only be born when something old has outlived its usefulness and is therefore ready to die, destroyed and recycled because nothing in the whole of Creation is ever wasted. For example, the cells and atoms of physical matter rearrange themselves and are transformed by the Highest into different lifeforms. Something similar happens to ideas and principles. They too have to be allowed sufficient time and space to die a natural death, so they can be shed when their time for doing so has come. As time goes by, they transform themselves into new and more positive and constructive ways of thinking and believing and perceiving things.

In particular this applies to many of our world’s current viewpoints that to this day are based on nothing more than superstitions and false beliefs. Never forget that thinking is the most powerful force in the whole of the Universe and that what we think today, we shall be tomorrow. Nature abhors a vacuum and if we think that with every small bit of empty space that is created in our individual and collective consciousness whenever someone lets go of another one of their false beliefs, it instantly fills with the healing energies of the Highest, then that is what really happens. So, let’s get on with it.

Last but not least, to paraphrase the wisdom God and the Angels gave to our world through the Buddha legend: ‘Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it somewhere. Even if it is spoken and rumoured by many or you have found it written in the religious books of your world or you received it from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find, after careful observation and analysis, that something agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to your good and the benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it. In this way alone can it become your spiritual property that no-one will ever be able to take away from you.’
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Ignorance And Fear

Titus Livius, 64 or 59 BC – AD 17 wrote: ‘We fear things in proportion to our ignorance.’ I share this view and believe that every ill that exists in our world has been created and is perpetuated by the twin scourges of ignorance and fear. Up to the present time they have been the two most troublesome, retarding and destructive influences for humankind. To my mind they have been barring us from finding and getting in touch with our true nature and reality for far too long. They have thus rendered our transformation from a purely earthly being into a spiritual one and robbed us of the serenity and peace of mind of knowing that we and our world at all times are resting safely in God’s hand.

On top of all that they deny us the contentment and happiness as well as the ability to enjoy and make the most of our earthly sojourns, when in truth every one of God’s children of the Earth has a right to find these things. For long enough now ignorance has been hiding from us our true nature and relationship with the Highest. It has kept us away from discovering and connecting with our true self that is hidden behind or underneath our earthly personality.

Divine wisdom decreed that it should be so, because only through the absence of something can we grow to recognise and learn its value and appreciate it. Therefore, it has been for wise reason that our fears kept us away from God’s truth for so long. But now that the Age of Aquarius is with us our race has reached the evolutionary point when we are increasingly ready to shed all our fears. Through an ever increasing understanding of God’s truth and knowing where to look for it, namely to the living God within instead of outer authorities, ignorance ceases to be a hindrance to our life.

The religions of our world have splendidly fulfilled the role of keeping us away from God and the wisdom and truth of the Divine. The time for this is over now that ever more of us are receiving their information from more reliable sources and have learnt look towards their inner guidance to tell them the truth from a lie. That’s why religions are fading more and more into the background of human consciousness, as you can see for yourself everywhere. It is saddening that to this day some insist on going to war over a God they fail to understand and perceive as a force outside themselves rather than an inner reality that is part of every human being and whose handling is everyone’s own responsibility. Take heart, they too will wake up from their slumbers when the time for it has come.

Down the ages the fear of a God whom we failed to understand has driven and still does drive some of God’s children of the Earth to wars and persecution. Fear of the future and the unknown, which is in fact knowable if one knows how to look for it in the right place, made people follow these religions. A case of the blind leading the blind, if ever there was one. But, I believe with all my heart and soul – better still, I feel intuitively and know – that the days of such happenings are counted because of the simple fact that increasing numbers of us are now going in search of the truth.

Having been a fearful person all my life, getting rid of ignorance and the fears it causes is a concern that is most dear to my heart. It has become the quest of my life and every part of my work is dedicated to ridding our world of these destructive aspects of the human predicament. But how to go about it? Well, wisdom has built into our nature that we are only afraid of and feel threatened by things for as long as we are unfamiliar with them.

Getting to know you,
    Getting to know all about you,
    Getting to like you,
    Getting to know you like me.

From ‘The King And I’
    Rodgers and Hammerstein

The only way of learning to like and love anything is through studying it and finding out as much as possible about it. That applies to astrology as much as to anything else. At the time the Bible was written, astrology was frowned upon as a mode of fortune telling and as such, the church did not approve of it. As much as I love and appreciate astrology, in principle I do agree that it is unwise to have our lives guided by soothsayers. After all, we have been granted the gift of another lifetime on the Earth so that we may learn to trust the guidance and protection of our Highest or God Self. Wisdom saw to it that at the time the Bible came into being we were not yet to know that this cannot be supplied by forces that are outside of ourselves. It was too early to find out in those days that this is the realm of the living God, who dwells within every human soul. It is the small still voice of conscience who communicates with us through what is known as our sixth sense or intuition.

For anyone who works seriously and conscientiously with astrology it is the Divine science. As a gift from the Highest that is sacred and holy, they handle it with the respect and love it deserves. If you are familiar with other parts of my writings, you may also come to the conclusion that astrology can be something very different from what is commonly found in newspapers and magazines. I hope that this will provide you with an incentive for finding out more about the Divine science and what it can do for you. As to this day, a great deal of nonsense is written and said about astrology, listening to the reactions of your inner guidance, the small still voice of conscience, is of the utmost importance when reading something about this topic.

Recommended Reading:
    ‘Fear-Less Now’
    By Ingrid Bacci

A valuable lifehelp and a must for all who feel fear.
    And doesn’t everybody, if only occasionally?
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

God’s Nature And Our Own

I believe that we have been granted the gift of another lifetime at this particular time so that we may find a new understanding of God’s nature and our own. For me the best way of approaching such an immense and delicate topic is with the help of astrological concepts. So that’s what we are going to do in this chapter. Let’s start with the fact that everything is of God and that God is everywhere. Nothing in the whole of Creation is beyond or out of the reach of God’s power. God to me is the Divine Trinity of the Great Father/Mother of all life and their only born Son/Daughter, the spirit of the Universal Christ, the light of all lights and the Sun of all Suns.

We were created in God’s image and everything that is in God is therefore also in us. The power aspect of God and us, women and men alike, is masculine; it expresses itself through Fire and Air. The Goddess is its feminine counterpart; she is the devotional, sensitive, feeling aspect of God and the soul of the whole of Creation. Through the feminine elements of Earth and Water, the Mother yields to and shapes herself in response to the creative ideas and impulses she receives from the Father, the masculine aspects of Fire and Air. Fire represents the first spark of creation, the creative idea. It is transmitted through the Air element, a symbolism for the mental faculties of the Highest Mind; our own small earthly mind is an integral part of it.

Even God, and by that I mean its masculine aspect, cannot create anything on its own. God needs his Goddess as much as she needs him; the same is true for the feminine and the masculine parts of our nature. To create new worlds and populate them, God and Goddess on the highest levels of life lovingly work together in harmonious and peaceful co-operation, by silently responding to each other’s wishes. This creative principle applies to all levels of our world and all worlds. To bring into being the badly needed and desired new and peaceful world, each must make their own contribution and do their share of the healing work this requires. The first visible sign that this is happening in our world on the outer level of life is that the genders are beginning to recognise and respect their own and each other’s true value as beloved children of the Universe. It is necessary to accept and bring together all aspects of our nature, so they can learn to work together peacefully and harmoniously, the way they do in our Creator.

The same as God and Goddess cannot exist without each other, we – the children of the Earth – are lopsided and unable to function properly for as long as we are only acting on one aspect of our nature, i.e. the feminine or the masculine. Everybody has a sleeping partner inside who is waiting to be tapped into consciously, so that by coming alive we shall become whole. The feminine is the guiding, caring and nurturing presence that protects all lifeforms in all worlds. When the masculine element Fire, together with its companion Air, is left to its own devices without the restraining, softening and cooling influence of the feminine elements Earth and Water, their counterpart, it is bereft of all feelings and becomes increasingly destructive. Warring nations at each other’s throats, inventing ever more devilish contraptions of destruction bear witness to the truth of this.

The masculine Fire sign Sagittarius rules vast topics like higher education of all kinds, among them religions and philosophies. Fire in this sign is of a spiritual nature and is said to burn mellower than in the other Fire signs. Do not be deceived by this though! Although the fire burns in a different way in Sagittarius, it can turn into the most destructive one of all. By the time it reaches this sign, even an unevolved soul has its learning from the Aries and Leo experiences under its belt. When the Sagittarian fire unites itself with the negative aspects of these two signs, the result can be worked out on two fingers; it can be an especially lethal combination in the context of religions. Just look at the state of our world now and see for yourself how the push, drive, enthusiasm, over-confidence, arrogance and intolerance of Aries, ruled by Mars, the God of war, comes together with the abundance of creative ideas of Leo. When one takes a look at the weapon arsenal of our world, it’s not hard to recognise what happened when they were applied to thinking of ever more sophisticated ways of destroying each other.

To this day, there is much evidence in our world that a small amount of knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing. All along it seems to have been very much part of unevolved human nature that having got hold of one small corner of God’s truth, we believe to have found the answer to everything. In such cases the Sagittarian fire may express itself as religious fanaticism that is willing to go on the rampage and turn us into a crusader. Carried away by the missionary zeal of our still limited vision of life we then allow ourselves to be guided by the dogma and creed of religions, whose teachings could have long lost most of their validity for the times we live in. Either we choose such a belief system consciously in this lifetime or, unbeknown to our earthly self now, we do so before physical birth in the world of spirit. Another expression is the priest who blesses those who go to war and the weapons for maiming, killing and suppressing others.

The human spirit in both genders, without its soul, is masculine. It is in this world to become familiar with all its aspects and learn their wise handling. First and foremost it must get to know the destructiveness of its nature, and that pain is the result when any of God’s creatures is hurt. The best way of demonstrating this is through having to spend as many lifetimes in physicality as it takes to learn this. Every spirit and its soul must spend time on the Earth plane and move about in a physical body, an extremely delicate and sensitive vehicle, so each can find out through their own experiences that this body gets hurt easily and, at the extreme end of the scale, can be killed and lost for good.

That is why time and again, a new physical body has to be created through souls who are already on the Earth plane. Into it enters a spirit, equipped with its own soul that is capable of absorbing and retaining the knowledge and understanding that is gained; through them it grows and expands. There is no way of imbibing life’s most vital lessons, like getting to know the meaning of pain or death and dying, than at times finding ourselves alternatively at the giving and the receiving end of painful experiences.

Will and power are the masculine aspects of God; wisdom and love are their feminine counterpart, the Goddess. In inexperienced souls the masculine is likely to still express itself in an unrestrained lust for power, no matter what the cost. For as long as the soul is still lost in the darkness of its ignorance of its own true nature and spiritual requirements, it seeks to wield power over others by dominating and suppressing them. Those who are in some way weaker, dependent, helpless and therefore unable to put up any serious resistance are particularly at risk, especially children and animals.

If only those who to this day see their only role in life as dishing out suffering to all and sundry, knew what kind of Karma they are so happily creating for themselves and that in due course every bit of it is sure to return to them. Yet, let’s not sit in judgement over any one of them, but forgive them as we too must have been through such experiences, because no-one can learn our lessons for us.
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

The Angel In Disguise

There is nothing I can give you that you have not,
    But there is much, so very much that –
    While I cannot give it – you can take.
    No Heaven can come to us,
    Unless our heart finds rest in today: take Heaven.
    No peace lies in the future
    That is not hidden in this moment: take peace.

The gloom of this world is but a shadow.
    Behind it – yet within everybody’s reach – there is joy.
    There is a radiance and glory in the darkness,
    Could we but see.
    And to see, we have only to look.
    I beseech you to look.

Life is so generous a giver, but we –
    Judging its gifts by their covering –
    Too often cast them away as ugly, heavy or hard.
    Remove the covering and you will find beneath it
    A living splendour
    That has been woven with the love,
    Wisdom and power of the Divine.

Welcome it, grasp it,
    And you touch the Angel’s hand
    That brings it to you.
    Everything we call a toil, a sorrow or a duty,
    Believe me, the Angel’s hand is there.

The gift is there and the wonder of the
    Over-shadowing presence
    That protects us, is joyous too.
    Be not content with discovering these joys,
    For they conceal even greater gifts.

And so, at this time, I greet you.
    Not quite as the world sends greetings,
    But with profound esteem of your true nature
    And a prayer that for you, now and forever,
    The awareness of your immortal and eternal
    Being wakes up and fills your
    Earthly existence with the light of truth
    And its shadows cease to exist.

Fifteenth Century Prayer
    Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Prayers & Words Of Wisdom From Around Our World’

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Solitude

The older I get, the more I feel the need for periods of solitude to reflect on the fact that in truth every human being is a spark of the great light, the Universal Christ. Therefore, all of us are beloved children of the great Father/Mother of all life, each one an eternal and immortal being. I believe that without this knowledge it is impossible to deal constructively with the harvest of the seeds that our lower earthly self, in its ignorance of its true nature, so generously scattered far and wide in previous lifetimes.

For every human being eventually comes the time for accepting the lower self’s fears and anxieties, and starting to work on overcoming and leaving them behind. The first step on this journey is finding love and forgiveness for ourselves for setting the wheels of the things that are happening to us in motion. This then needs to be extended to those who are trespassing against us. They and the way we once were have to be lifted into the light and warmth of our own Christ nature. Developing it and learning to love and forgive God’s way is the ultimate goal of everybody’s earthly education.

To my mind there are two different types of solitude. The first one is a flight from those who have hurt and wounded us. Because we have no idea why they behaved towards us the way they did, it is not really solitude but loneliness we are seeking to separate ourselves from the offenders. As so far we have nowhere else we can turn to, we are left alone with our sadness, pain and bruised sensitivities. At this stage of our development earthly life is nothing but a cold and lonesome, unfair and unjust affair where bolts of misfortune can strike good people like flashes of lightening out of the blue without them knowing why. It’s a very frightening place where most people don’t know what the future may hold in store for them, where no-one truly loves us and cares for us. We could be no more wrong with these assumptions because in truth every one of us is loved and cared for most tenderly. God and the Angels never leave us. It’s just that for many lifetimes we are unaware of their presence.

But fortunately, every earthling eventually reaches the point when our spiritual nature wakes up from its slumbering state. Our inner doors then begin to creak open the slightest bit to allow small chinks of light, in the form of God’s wisdom and truth, to penetrate our consciousness. Time to realise God’s true nature and our own and discovering that God and the Angels have always been and forever will be as much part of us as we of them. They do not interfere unnecessarily with anyone because they want us to discover and develop our inner resources and strengths.

Nonetheless, they are always willing to guide and protect us and help us find our way through our present existence. The crucial point is that their assistance does not come uninvited to anyone but has to be asked for. That’s why the Bible tells us in St. Matthew 7:7-8: ‘Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Everyone who asks receives, the one who seeks finds and to those who knock, the door is going to be opened.’ Without knocking at the door to our inner world in some way, gaining access to it is impossible. Prayers and meditations are the keys for removing the bolt that for a long time has been protecting it against intrusions from our earthly self.

The second type of solitude consciously connects us with the wise one or living God within, the higher aspect of our own and everybody else’s nature. Aware of its oneness with God and everything in the whole of Creation, this part of our being knows the way of all things and therefore knows the answers to any question we may ever care to ask. We discover that the spiritual background of our earthly existence is teeming with lifeforms that are invisible to earthly eyes, but once we have become aware of their presence, we can sense them.

We discover that on the inner level our trespassers are part of and at one with us, just the same as everybody is at one with their Creator, and everything that exists in our world and all others. Through this restoration of our inner connectedness the earthly self heals together and consciously unites itself with the spirit/soul of its heavenly counterpart. This is the healing that cannot be found anywhere else. We then know that, independent of what may still have to happen in earthly life for the redemption of everybody’s most ancient karmic debts, including our own, nobody is our enemy. On the inner level we have always remained brother/sisters and that blessed state will forever continue.

Nothing is good enough for us now but bringing forth, from deep within our own being, the highest and noblest qualities of our God or Christ nature and developing them. For all of us the only things that are of true and eternal value are kindness and friendliness, patience and tolerance towards all forms of life, as well as honesty and truth, loyalty and integrity in all our dealings with the world around us. These qualities are not merely second but first nature to us now. By practising them in every one of our daily encounters, we assimilate them into our character and make them our own.

And that, with every passing day, brings us closer to fulfilling the high and holy destiny that ultimately awaits every human being, which is evolving into a spiritual Master and a Christed one, in our own right. This means a person who has mastered and is in charge of the drives and urges of its lower earthly nature. The God-man Jesus is the symbol of this aspect of every human being’s nature. The story of his life was designed by God and the Angels as a legend that familiarises us with the different stages of our earthly educational journey of a thousand miles and the initiations each one of them brings with it. And like any other voyage this one starts with just one step – in the right direction and that is forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life.
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Healing Our Relationship With Mother Earth

Humankind’s relationship with its home planet has been crying out to be healed for a very long time. A most commendable contribution was made by Vivienne de Watteville in her travelogue ‘Speak to the Earth’, first published by Methuen in 1935. At the age of twenty-eight, Vivienne spent five months in Africa. She went with the intention of befriending and photographing the animals, instead of shooting them, which was the fashion in those days. This book is one of the most deeply moving and inspiring ones I have come across and I would like to share a few extracts from it with you here.

In her closing paragraphs p.328-329 Vivienne has the following message from Mother Earth for humankind. Words in square brackets are my additions: ‘At the root of all our lives is a great and terrifying loneliness, from which first or last there is no escape [the only relief we can find from it lies within]. Yet, by going out [into the wilderness] to meet it halfway, one discovers that its terrors are illusory. Solitude is an ally; there is nothing to fear, for truly ‘Nature never did betray the heart that loves her’. With infinite and loving patience she reassured me over and over – with symbols brighter than words: ‘You are not a stranger walking the Earth to clutch at this friendship or that, [or] to be comforted. As surely as you will return to me at last, so surely while you live am I interwoven with every fibre [of my being with yours].

‘You are never lost or alone, so long as you can claim kinship with everything that is. You are no more alone than the river is alone or the mountains are alone or anything in the Universe, for you are part of the whole and not a single unit of nothing, aimlessly drifting. Don’t build up the walls of loneliness about your spirit. Keep flowing, so that every day you can come out and meet yourself in the sky’s reflection or the dew lying in petals or any other natural thing. Renew yourself in these things; identify yourself with them; for all is fashioned from the same material, shaped by the same inspiration and animated by the same life breath.’

‘Earth and spirit proclaim with a thousand tongues the unity of the spirit. It is not life, nor fate, nor providence that is unkind, but we ourselves who persist in dividing instead of uniting. The same love of dividing that makes us cut ourselves into fifty religious sects, all seeking one and the same Truth; or that makes for the sifting and sorting into different social layers; or divides us into different political parties; or nation versus nation.

‘It is this same mania for dividing and separating that finally revenges itself upon the individual. Yet we are – after all – only superficially divided. Spirit will ever be like mercury, ready to run together again at the first opportunity. Nature may [seem to] be cruel contradiction – life for ever warring against life – but her ultimate message is the friendship of God. Secure in that friendship, we cannot be afraid. Life is the glorious experiment, and death the great adventure, when the mists shall at last lift long enough for us to see clearly [again].’

Page 314: ‘The Divine law, the Divine force and the Divine protection are all there, but the idea is too big for most of us to grasp. [It is like] The frog trying to give an idea of the size of a bull, and bursting with the effort. Our [earthly] minds being the size of frogs, the fear of bursting compels us to reduce everything else to the size of frogs also. It is a great simplification, but the things themselves remain the size of bulls or elephants or Himalayas, and it is only the link between them and our own vision that is needed. [The realisation that we all are spirit, and that the elephant, you and me, all things and beings are God is that link.]’

The adventures, as well as her impressions and insights Vivienne shares with us in her book are as valid, topical and poignant today, as they are sure to have been when they were written. For example on p.302: ‘Earth’s teaching [during Vivienne’s time in Africa] was always that the inevitable must be endured. It is our own fault if we suffer more than our due of pain, because we rebel against it; or dwell too much upon the thought of it.’

Page 288: ‘Returning to myself again – that circumscribed little prison – I thought: on the one hand I am nothing; on the other I am fire, strength, love itself, because I also am IT. As a single individual, [I am] less than the dust; as a part of the whole, [I am] strong as the hills and endless as the stars. Each of us is revolving like one of those spheres in space, moving at his own speed, carrying with them the atmosphere of their own thoughts and individuality. Things from without filter through, but not without some measure taking the colour of this atmosphere, or being distorted by it. To hear, see and feel them truly, it is necessary to project a part of oneself outside the mist and the hum of these revolutions, into the utter stillness of space.’

Page 319: ‘The things round me were ever trying to tell me something more, gently toppling over theory and leading me back to first principles. Not philosophy but simplicity. I missed much, for nothing is harder than to unlearn one’s preconceived ideas. [Ideally,] One should start [each day] off fresh without any. Things may be quite different from what they seem or from how we see them. As Montaingne wrote: ‘When I play with my cat to amuse her, how do I know that it is not she who is trying to amuse me?’

Charlotte Bronte was a natural philosopher, if ever there was one. She was born 21. April 1816, a Sun Taurus who – by the time she wrote ‘Shirley’ had learnt her Sun sign’s main lesson, the one of ownership. For example on page 522: ‘I believe – I daily find it proved – that we can get nothing in this world worth keeping, not so much as a principle or a conviction, except out of purifying flame or through strengthening peril. We err, we fall, we are humbled; then we walk more carefully. We greedily eat and drink poison out of the gilded cup of vice or from the beggar’s wallet of avarice. We are sickened, degraded; everything good in us rebels against us; our souls rise bitterly indignant against our bodies; there is a period of civil war; if the soul has strength, it conquers and rules thereafter.’ That is as beautiful a description of the struggle between the human small earthly self and its counterpart, our Highest of God Self, as ever came my way.

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Healing The Earth

Can you imagine what it would be like
    If the Earth’s circumference was only about a mile
    And it floated just above the ground?
    Come with me and see what happens:

Visitors are arriving from far and wide.
    They’re walking around on the Earth,
    Marvelling at its big and small pools of water,
    And the water that flows between them.
    Admiring her mountains and valleys,
    They’re wondering at what kind
    Of wisdom it was that thought of surrounding
    The globe with a thin layer of gas,
    In which water is suspended
    To sustain all its lifeforms.

The guests are watching the
    Great and wondrous diversity of Earth’s living things.
    Not merely the upright walking human beings,
    But also its animal and plant life.
    Some of the creatures are walking about
    On the surface of the globe and others live inside it,
    And more of them still exist in its waters.
    Marvelling at all these things,
    They can see that the globe
    Is a unique and precious jewel.
    Their scientists looked into it
    And could not find another one quite like it
    Anywhere in the whole of God’s Creation.
    Realising this, they cherish the Earth
    And all the visitors that come
    Wish to do their best to protect the globe,
    To make sure it doesn’t get hurt or damaged by anyone.

Realising what kind of a wonder and a miracle the Earth is,
    People wish to get to know it and its spiritual background better.
    That’s when they discover to their astonishment that
    The globe’s beauty is a reflection and outer manifestation
    Of their own inner roundedness and exquisiteness,
    Which many of them to this day have yet to discover.
    Wise ones, however, know that such a superb work of art
    Can only have been created by the Divine heart and hands
    Of the Great Architect and Designer of all life,
    The White Spirit, who is also their own Father/Mother.
    Bending their knees in awe and admiration,
    Brings healing and peace to every aspect of their being,
    Mind and body, spirit and soul.

Through what they are seeing,
    And finding out that their lives,
    Their own wellbeing and wholeness,
    Depends on that of the planet.
    Ever more visitors love and respect the Earth,
    And are ready to defend it,
    If need be with their whole being.

Can you now see how wise people would become,
    If the Earth’s circumference was only a mile?
    Well, why can’t more of us, like them
    Wake up from their spiritual slumbers,
    Before it’s too late?
    So that the first signs can appear
    That humankind’s age-old
    Dreams, visions and highest aspirations
    Of a world that is at peace
    At last find fulfilment.
    Hallelujah!

The Earth is now being transformed
    Into a planet of light, peace and healing.
    Rapidly we are approaching the time
    When only those who know how to
    Live and work in peace and harmony
    With each other and all lifeforms that share
    Our precious jewel, the Earth, with us
    Will be allowed to reincarnate here.

All of us will then know that everything we see around us
    Is part of us and merely
    An outer manifestation of our own inner world.
    How much are you doing to make this
    Dream into a reality on the Earth?

Recommended Viewing:
    ‘Wilderness’

Created by Anon.
    Edited by Aquarius
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Mother Earth

Our planet is a manifestation
    Of the Great Mother of all life,
    Who experiences Herself
    As physical beings through us.
    She looks at Herself with our eyes
    And perceives earthly life through our senses.
    Like us she awakens
    To the miracle of each new day.

Each one of us has been granted
    The gift of another earthly lifetime,
    So that we may evolve into one of our planet’s
    Guardians and caretakers,
    Doing our best to put a halt
    To the robbing and plundering
    Of its precious resources.
    Through us and our efforts
    Mother Earth is now transforming herself
    Into a place of healing and peace.

Thanks and praise be to Thee,
    Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
    And Thy only born Son/Daughter,
    The spirit of the Universal Christ.
    With all our hearts and souls
    We welcome Thee, O living loving spirit
    Of wisdom and love,
    Truth and honesty,
    Loyalty and integrity,
    Onto the Earth.

Mother Earth can heal herself and that is what she is doing in parts of our world that have been abandoned by humankind as being too toxic or in other ways no longer suitable for human habitation. The Highest Forces in the spiritual background of our world are in charge of the development of each one of us and our world. Whenever something is recovering that has been damaged by humankind’s ignorance, it is a sign that God and the Angels are not going to allow us to ruin and destroy our planet forever. That is why, each time humans have retreated from over-exploited areas, they work exceedingly hard to restore its former beauty.

And how much you are doing for the healing of our world? Every effort one of us makes towards Mother Earth’s wellbeing counts. It is a valuable contribution towards her salvation as well as our own redemption and salvation. There is a great deal that can be done in many small ways that start with recycling whenever possible, living modestly and refusing to over-consume, thus avoiding to lean too heavily on our planet’s precious resources.
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.