A cover for my folk project. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A cover for my folk project. Any suggestions?

A cover for my folk project. Any suggestions?

I finished doing this today for a music project I'm working on, though I may not stick with the album name. Anything I should add or take away? Any advice is greatly appreciated (I'm also relatively new to photoshop )

Personally i think that background is wicked neat ^^

Thank you! I was quite happy with it myself.

Should I be picking up suggestions that the album has Latin American, Caribbean and African influences?
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    Should I be picking up suggestions that the album has Latin American, Caribbean and African influences?
    Not really, I just wanted to do something that looked cool to be completely honest. I have the original photograph if you're interested in seeing it, because the figure I used was crafted in that fashion.

Well, it looks cool enough; as a package, though,
    those are the influences that come through to me.
    I'd pick it up thinking world music
    rather than the broader folk music.

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    Well, it looks cool enough; as a package, though,
    those are the influences that come through to me.
    I'd pick it up thinking world music
    rather than the broader folk music.
    Yeah, I've had several instances where the album cover was misleading. I'm hoping it'll be more the mood that it's trying to portray and not really the genre, though.

Also, I edited the cover art a bit. Fixed the font and I'm hoping ya'll will agree it's much better.

The new version certainly brings the image forward; the text is almost lost.
    Perhaps a bit more contrast in the text colour?

It's the colours and patterns in the image that suggest the cultures, as much as your name.
    The colours in the eye, for instance, are popular Caribbean and African, and the design leans to African.
    The colours around the nostril are likewise tropical Latin American and Caribbean.
    The background hints of the darker side of the Caribbean; voodoo.

Agreed - the colour definetely has to be different. Otherwise it blends to much into the background.

Looks good though - I love the wild design
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" - Theodore Roosevelt

Hidden Content - Cute Warning |Hidden Content

I pretty much agree with Cran, I thought world music when I saw the design, which I love the background image barring the whole world music thing.

The background is busy with the swirling color, so the letter gets lost. To bring out the lettering, you could put a lighter color box or a translucent screen box behind it. Or a dark screen behind it and switch to lighter lettering.
    "PS: don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell fuzhun."

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast