Animals and a girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals and a girl

Animals and a girl

Well, everyone else is posting pics, so I felt the need to as well. They're nothing professional. It's just, every once in a while, I feel like even my little digital camera pulls off a very pleasing shot.

If anything, I guess I just want to show off my pets and one of my little cousin that I thought came out very nicely.

The dogs are actually my aunt's, but I see them daily and walk them with her, so they have their place in my pictures folder as well.

Edit: Let's try this again.

This is Looksie, my older pigeon, who suffers from PPMV and cannot fly - but don't tell her that.

This is Nibbler, my other pigeon. She enjoys flying around the house, perching on peoples' heads and shoulders, and taking long baths.

This is Stella, my tangerine leopard gecko. She has been featured in the local newspaper for her stunning smile.

This is Bucky, short for Buckaroo. He's an older fella who enjoys barking at everything, even the wind and the clouds.

This is Princess, a border collie/labrador cross. She enjoys long runs in the park and eating toys.
    Last edited by JackKnife; September 18th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Please feel free to tear them to shreds in your spare time.

Do you need help with your picture posting?
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

And finally, this is Ayla, my four-year-old cousin. She will pose for you whether you have a camera out or not.
    Last edited by JackKnife; September 18th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Do you need help with your picture posting?
    Thanks, I think I figured out a workaround... I had them posted, but one of them is longer and stretched the page out and I didn't want to annoy everyone. I think the thumbnails look okay!

Glad you got it sorted. They do look great, I love how you included their personalities alongside the pics. And yes, Stella does have a stunning smile.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Haha! I actually love pigeons; they're a lot smarter than people give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Namba View Post
    Haha! I actually love pigeons; they're a lot smarter than people give them credit for.
    I will never get tired of hearing people say that. They get such an undeservedly bad rap.

As an aside, I realized I am very dumb and was over-complicating attaching images to my posts. I have re-attached them and I think they look a lot better now.

I actually love that you have pigeons - how did she become unable to fly?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" - Theodore Roosevelt

Hidden Content - Cute Warning |Hidden Content

PPMV (pigeon paramyxovirus) is a virus that's very contagious within pigeon flocks. Looksie used to be a wild pigeon, so she hung out with other flocks outside and I suppose she must've picked it up somewhere. Strangely enough, her mate never showed any signs of it. It's characterized by involuntary movements, like her head turning upside-down and sideways and her being unable to stop herself from walking in circles repeatedly. She tries to fly, to get exercise, but usually just ends up doing tight circles barely a foot off the ground and crashing into the furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by JackKnife View Post
    PPMV (pigeon paramyxovirus) is a virus that's very contagious within pigeon flocks. Looksie used to be a wild pigeon, so she hung out with other flocks outside and I suppose she must've picked it up somewhere. Strangely enough, her mate never showed any signs of it. It's characterized by involuntary movements, like her head turning upside-down and sideways and her being unable to stop herself from walking in circles repeatedly. She tries to fly, to get exercise, but usually just ends up doing tight circles barely a foot off the ground and crashing into the furniture.
    Aawwww Poor thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast