A Lyrical Graveyard - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Lyrical Graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by Noxicity View Post
    So do you think of the lyrics and then add the tune, create the tune and add lyrics, or discover both simutaniously?
    The music usually comes first. But I've done all three before.

Your Avitar is so distracting lol ^^

"It's only falling in love because you hit the ground."- "I Appear Missing", Queens of the Stone Age

"She lingers beneath the dying moonbeams; glass in hand, struggling to stand, and in her eyes the universe gleams." - Lady of the Moment

[Hidden Content ] - Always appreciative of a critique.

Looks as though it's served its purpose.

Indeed. So you said you write folk style music? Whta kind of music do you listen to?

"It's only falling in love because you hit the ground."- "I Appear Missing", Queens of the Stone Age

"She lingers beneath the dying moonbeams; glass in hand, struggling to stand, and in her eyes the universe gleams." - Lady of the Moment

Indeed. So you said you write folk style music? Whta kind of music do you listen to?
    I listen to all kinds of music. I'm into anything with good lyrics for the most part, so that kind of takes a good chunk of pop music out of the question lol. I listen to metal (and all its siblings), folk, hard rock, punk rock, industrial and every now and then I'll listen to some hip-hop (i.e. early Listener).

Favorite bands and artist include: The Beatles, Rancid, Suicidal Tendencies, Chevelle, Deftones, early Slipknot, System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, The Network, Green Day, Foxborough Hot Tubs, The Chariot, In Flames, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dream Theater, John Denver, mewithoutYou, John Lennon, A Perfect Circle, Tool, The Tallest Man On Earth, As Cities Burn, Annie Lennox, August Burns Red, Johnny Cash, Dead Kennedys and Death Cab for Cutie. There's a lot more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Here's a song I wrote a while ago... I just haven't had time to add more to my Soundcloud account.
    Last edited by Namba; September 19th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

I can't see it because I'm on a gov. computer =P

I'm a big rock/alt rock, industrial, grunge fan. I'm currently on a soundgarden and audioslave kick, because Cris Cornells vocals are sexy.

I can't see it because I'm on a gov. computer =P

I'm a big rock/alt rock, industrial, grunge fan. I'm currently on a soundgarden and audioslave kick, because Cris Cornells vocals are sexy.
    I freaking LOVE Audioslave! Cris Cornell and the band members from Rage Against the Machine make a perfect combination. I've always liked Tom Morello's style guitar.

It's very distinctive, to bad they broke up =P

I have to say, I'm not entirely impressed by most of Cornells lyrics, although "Mailman" did a decent job, but alot of the stuff off of Superunknown just felt shallow and repetative, at times nonsensical.

Is that just me?

It's very distinctive, to bad they broke up =P

I have to say, I'm not entirely impressed by most of Cornells lyrics, although "Mailman" did a decent job, but alot of the stuff off of Superunknown just felt shallow and repetative, at times nonsensical.

Is that just me?
    Nah, the guy isn't a lyrical genius, but man, his vocals kick butt. I wish I could sing like him.
    Last edited by Chesters Daughter; September 23rd, 2012 at 07:39 AM.

That too. Sooo sexy ^^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast