Let's get out there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's get out there.

Let's get out there.

I went to Port Eliot literary and music festival at St Germans, Cornwall last weekend, and it strikes me that the forum should be represented at such events. We could offer our members books, advice to anyone who has brought work with them, the occasional half serious lecture, maybe a ‘live’ version of the limerick thread, readings from the works of members who can’t attend, interviews with published members.

I expect someone can throw up more ideas, we could put on a good display. There is an ‘events’ section under ‘articles’ where you could list anywhere we could go as well as listing it here, there must be similar events on other continents as well.

Now, has anyone got a very large tent and some old comfy chairs and carpet we could borrow to get us started?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Well, I can't offer a lot in the way of material... but I will be happy to help out by putting the time in etc.

We need gift bags! With coasters and info leaflet and pens etc

Baron
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    Well, I can't offer a lot in the way of material... but I will be happy to help out by putting the time in etc.

Potty mugs?

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen! We need those!

Realistically this all costs money, I have just watched a friend spend a fortune on such stuff promoting an idea. On the other hand something they take with them so they don't forget us has got to be good, how about a small book of short stories and poetry? A bit more relevant too maybe.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Brio = £0.99 Cardboard coaster = £1 flyer = pennies and the bag it all goes in pennies.

A small book of short stories and poems = £6+

Unless you're talking about YOUR book :p Nice plug.

I have some shirts, my wife says that they are the size of a tent. I could hang about outside Paddy Power and gather up discarded brios...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Baron
    Surely our talented writers are a sufficient draw. Once read, never forgotten.

Looks like some people need to think about joining the WF Anthology Team then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    Brio = £0.99 Cardboard coaster = £1 flyer = pennies and the bag it all goes in pennies.

A small book of short stories and poems = £6+

Unless you're talking about YOUR book :p Nice plug.
    I don't know where the prices come from, but Lulu will sell you a perfect bound paperback for half that, make it saddle stiched and it is even cheaper. People are paying £1.50 for a small cup of tea there, it would be good to break even. That would be a free plug for the site, for our authors and a free weekend for those that ran it, nobody will want to visit the wf stall on Sat. night when the headliners are playing.

We have time to organise, it's too late for this year.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast