Twelve self-portraits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twelve self-portraits

Twelve self-portraits

At the encouragement of another WFer, I've decided to showcase some of my photography. The following were taken at varying points over the past two years, with various different cameras. Every couple of months I get bitten by a certain bug; whether that be the photography gnat, the watercolour horsefly, or even the writing mosquito.

I've made them quite small, though will gladly blow them up at anyone's request:

I originally had twelve, though it's only letting me post five at a time. The others are below:

And the final two:

Five, ten and eleven are my favorites. You are very photogenic, philistine.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I absolutely love them, so surreal, and so personal. I love the first one, one of the most artistic nude male pictures I've seen. And the way you constructed the skull is sheer genius.
    How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself. ~ Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    I love number 11... and your dress code.
    I'm bringing back the bow-tie, day by day, polka dot by polka dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Five, ten and eleven are my favorites. You are very photogenic, philistine.
    I think being photogenic comes with time; you learn how to face the camera, to position your features in a certain way, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wyf View Post
    I absolutely love them, so surreal, and so personal. I love the first one, one of the most artistic nude male pictures I've seen. And the way you constructed the skull is sheer genius.
    There were many variations of the first photograph, though I only posted the one. It was originally a colour shot, with vivid crimson and a heavy chiaruscuro, though it works well in monotone, too.

The painting in number seven is actually an unfinished oil rendition of the first photograph (maybe not that precise one). I figured after a twelve month hiatus, it may serve as something useful after all.

Thanks for the responses folks. I may just end up posting more!

Intriguing concepts, well executed. Very good.

Would definitely like to see more, especially if you have also aimed your imagination at other subjects.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    Intriguing concepts, well executed. Very good.

Would definitely like to see more, especially if you have also aimed your imagination at other subjects.
    I've got quite a few landscapes; some more conventional, and many with the same approach as the images posted. I'll try and post a few when I get my things sorted out.

The bow tie one is genius! I love it.

And your first one is definetely my favourite. Very emotive.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" - Theodore Roosevelt

Hidden Content - Cute Warning |Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast