WritingForums.com: like a testimony in progress - Page 3

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WritingForums.com: like a testimony in progress

That's fantastic. Congratulations!

Humpshire (not Hampshire). Google it. Really.
    Nice one, Dale. Kind of gives me a little hope with my shortish novella.
    "I think a life is a plot. It's probably the elementary plot. I came across a quotation of Patrick White, the Australian writer, just about the time I needed it. He said he never bothers with plot. He just writes about life 'limping along toward death.' That made me feel much better, to keep this in my mind."

Carol Shields.

Congrats! Make sure the book comes with a built in bottle opener so I can drink while reading. Plus it will help to bridge the redneck demographic.
    Last edited by Lewdog; May 16th, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Wow! Dale,
    you are an inspiration. Congratulations.

I finally found my way back here after creating an account and giving up a few months ago. This makes me want to stick it out this time around. Congratulations on your success!

This is so cool! I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of testimony myself. I actually came to writing forums because I had some sliver of hope that, someday, I might be able to write something that wasn't arcane technical documentation on LDP-11 virtualization programming.

I can't say for sure, but I think I'm getting better. And the people on here are really awesome, too.

I myself am recently returned, having left waaaaaaayyyy back during the "event" about 3ish years ago. I laugh because I remember someone saying in a post in the lounge something to the tune of, "Man, we used be Vegas! Now we're the outskirts of Reno."

I came back because somewhere else I play is going through a rough metamorphosis and it may come out ok, it may not. I came back here after chatting with Shaddowalker who had great things to say about a new and revamped writingforums.com.

She was right! The discussion here is where it should be, on writing. I see an active critique area. I see members posting work. I see... writing!

How avant guard.
    "I'm wildly expensive."
    ~ Olyver

the erotica ghost story i wrote for my ex-wife just sold for $25. i feel like such a harlot. i got a hot penny a word. ha ha
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

In the current fiction writing climate, any sale is a good sale. Congratulations, dale.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast