Some orders happening.

Thread: Some orders happening.

Some orders happening.

Our local Victorian station has been transformed in part, what was a run down, damp and derelict looking building is now a community project, The bistro at Etchingham Station, and the gentleman in charge, as soon as he heard about 'A Read for the Train' offered to put a few copies on the counter, they are slowly being moved.
    Then I popped into the local library a little while ago and left them a copy, feeling that there it would at least get read. Last week I got an e-mail from the central library in Lewes saying they couldn't find a way of ordering books on lulu with an invoice and please could I send them six copies? Yay!!

The season progresses, and I have started putting my spare veg seedlings outside the front gate, along with a few things like aqualeiga, mint lemon verbena and verbena benariensis that pop up everywhere, and cuttings from rosemary and sage. But this year my notice reads like this,

Free Plants.

The plants are free, but please take a look at my book,
    “A Read for the Train”.
    Available through Self Publishing, Book Printing and Publishing Online - Lulu, where you may see a short preview, from the [email protected] at Etchingham Station, from East Sussex Libraries and soon, I hope, Waterstone’s in Hastings.

It is a collection of short stories, flash fiction, and some verse, please take a reminder slip.

It's hardly taken off with a bang, but I am hoping it will be a creeper.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Good luck Ollie

In your plants add I'd leave out ...I hope, Waterstone's in H. it sounds too (what's the word?)Unsure/timid/lacks confidence.

I will be leaving out Waterstone's soon, I went in to see them and left a copy the same day I went in the library and got a very positive response from the assistant manager, having heard nothing I went back a week later and was told the person I had seen was on holiday, a week after that I was told the best way to get in touch was an e-mail and given an address, a week after e-mailing and I still haven't heard anything, so three personal visits and an e-mail, I am beginning to think maybe they don't care as much about the 'local touch' as they make out, in my branch anyway.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Baron
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    I will be leaving out Waterstone's soon, I went in to see them and left a copy the same day I went in the library and got a very positive response from the assistant manager, having heard nothing I went back a week later and was told the person I had seen was on holiday, a week after that I was told the best way to get in touch was an e-mail and given an address, a week after e-mailing and I still haven't heard anything, so three personal visits and an e-mail, I am beginning to think maybe they don't care as much about the 'local touch' as they make out, in my branch anyway.
    The thing to do with Waterstone's is to set up a book signing. You can do this (usually) through the local manager. Sadly, they don't automatically list Lulu publications any more so you need to do a little legwork.

Thanks, I'll try that. My friend and I went through the Lulu site yesterday to find out why I wasn't appearing on Amazon yet, seems I hadn't filled in a final form and ordered a proof copy. I have done it now, despite having ordered and sold about 150 books, should appear on Amazon about june sometime.
    Hidden Content

Have you tried getting the Tourist Information shops to stock you book?