A Modern Tragedy (short film) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Modern Tragedy (short film)

My favorite shot was the pink flowers on top of the gravestone. Something about that captured me.
    Turn your stories into playable games:

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I'd redo the part before the graveyard, and get rid of the over-voice. It's a bit too hokey, and I think the actor's look and the actions are enough. The voice-over there inclines me not to watch, but I am drawn by the actor. Because on a positive note, I think the cinematography is great IMHO. That is what kept me watching. That and the badass looking character. I think it would be better as a silent film. I get a lot more, and feel a lot more emotion that way. I do like not seeing the bad guy. And on silence, yeah, the sound of the gun is good. Maybe try to get the rustling of the trees, dogs barking, etc, but no dialogue. I just think that voice takes away so much from a great video! But as someone mentioned, the shuffle of time is great. That and the badass character, who is not a douchebag who is all macho. We see the feeling of his lost, but his strength. He's not a sissy crying in a corner, but he's not a saint who does not want revenge. He's human. He fits his character perfectly.
    Check out my writing and other stuff
    Hidden Content
    Also check out my new wine blog, J'adore le Vin
    Hidden Content
    YouTube and Twitter page to come soon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123