Cure for writers block - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cure for writers block

Everybody has there own cure for writers block. I use music, different genres because when I get inspired the inspiration comes from different sources. So maybe you could look at pictures of landscpes or people, or perhaps you can read books that you wouldn't normally read.
    As I said every body has there own cure.
    Gestalt Prayer
    I do my thing
    and you do your thing.
    I am not in this world
    to live up to your expectation
    And you are not in this world
    to live up to mine

You are you and I am I
    And If by chance
    we find each other, its beautiful,
    If not, it can't be helped.

- Fritz Perls

Who brought Potty in here??? I just vacuumed!

I don't really have a cure for WB, per say. Sometimes music helps, sometimes reading another author's work will get me back into the spirit of writing, or going back several chapters of my own work helps, but FWIW, I just have to stop procrastinating and start writing. I can write to music if it has no singing and it's the kind that can just disappear into the background to my own thoughts, like ambient music. TV is a huge distraction, so while the boyfriend watches it I need to close my office door to shut it out. My needy pets are a distraction as well. Thank goodness I have a door to my office.
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Sorry Tepelus, I just have to..

It's per se, rather than per say.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
    consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

I'm tired, and you got me. He he!
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    And then what? It's a bit hard to write while dancing.

I also implement this method but moreso with my characters, sometimes I hear a song that just reminds me of my character and I have to listen to it when I get stuck with that particular character,

For instance, Nicki Minaj's song Marilyn Monroe is the ONLY Nicki Minaj to ever make its way onto my phone purely because of the connotations it has with one of my protagonists!

I also find reading something completely different from my genre helps, strangely...

Quote Originally Posted by The Backward OX View Post
    And then what? It's a bit hard to write while dancing.
    Hard, but not impossible. When I dance; my body spins, my brain unscrambles and ideas, like magic, bubble mid-air. The challenge is to catch them before they burst.
    My blog: Hidden Content

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast