Cure for writers block - Page 10

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cure for writers block

The no-mans land between the cold city and suburbia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    That involves a person's willingness to quit.

Quitting is pretty easy. And I've heard building birdhouses is a nice way to spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManx View Post
    Quitting is pretty easy. And I've heard building birdhouses is a nice way to spend your free time.
    You don't know half the circumstances involved that led to a person wanting to write in the first place.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

That involves a person's willingness to quit. In my circumstances writing is a cheap hobby that can be practiced. It's bad imo to discourage people who try hard.
    If you're discouraged by some random guy on a writing forum, then maybe you should be doing something else.

You don't know half the circumstances involved that led to a person wanting to write in the first place.
    Why is that important to me? If you want to write or feel you need to write, seems like you'll figure out a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManx View Post
    If you're discouraged by some random guy on a writing forum, then maybe you should be doing something else.
    You are insulting people (me). If I entertained your story about my life experiences which you have no knowledge off then you shouldn't be talking about what you don't know. You don't know the person. What is more to me this represents a sacrifice on my part for therapy and self-fulfilment. Your tone sounds insulting and you seem to get offended easily. I on the other hand rarely show my other side which I would describe is to tolerate other people's opinions. I have critiqued your stories. The least you can do is show self-respect. By staying quiet.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

I'm not a bit offended. I happen to think that if people really want to write, then hopefully, they will muster up the will to do it. If they can't for whatever reason, well so be it. Not everyone is meant to be a writer. If you try and fail, no harm done.

None of that means I lack the empathy to understand that it might be difficult depending on circumstances. But in the end, it's all on you.

BTW -- here's where I would NEVER remotely discourage anyone -- in fact the opposite. That's when I read someone's work -- because invariably, at least from what I've seen around here, there will be something that shows effort and talent. Otherwise, I think all this jawing about writer's block is a waste of time.

My last post in this thread for the time being. Imagine if you told a person to paint bird houses. Instead of writing in the season of covid-19. That I took as an insult. In a brave new world people aren't allowed to be creative by Huxley. You, the writer, can make a comment but as I made clear this seems silly. Creativity is self-expression and therapy. There is art therapy. When I went to a hospital for reasons I will not mention (the mental disease thread was deleted and had this). They would have us make art.

You're simplified comment is misinterpreted. Simplified logic, saying you shouldn't be writing as I interpreted, and we are on a writing forum is not a nice thing to say. My last post dealt with illnesses I listed. You cannot make an argument in a single sentence. You were creating an argument imo but didn't complete the idea. Why should I want to paint birdhouses? Why should I be accused on not being able to write? See that's where I quit replying to you. Sorry if I offended you. But please do not talk to me without knowing the implications of what you are saying. My personal history is not for me to say to a stranger on the internet. PM if you are genuinely interested.

You're taking my comment WAY too seriously. Do you actually think I'm suggesting anyone should stop writing and build birdhouses? Please.

No --I'm saying that people who really want to write will figure out a way to do it. If you want it, you will develop methods to stay focused by trial and error. I don't think there is any other way. If you find that insulting, well, I'm sorry -- that wasn't my intention. Think of it as tough love.
    Last edited by TheManx; November 8th, 2020 at 02:24 AM.

BTW, here's a tip, theGlasshouse. You might not want to assume that because a post follows yours that the comment has anything to do with you or what you said -- especially if you weren't quoted, okay? No need to thank me.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast