Shots from the North

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shots from the North

Shots from the North

Hello WF members and friends. Time is very limited as I pull long hours re-supplying the diamond mines in the Northwest Territories. I have had an opportunity to catch some great stills as we run north across the ice and thought I would share a few.

Above: Raven flies around truck looking for handout.

I took this shot at Lockhart Lake after we were stranded on the ice while crews worked to repair the roads.

Bridge over the McKenzie River

Ice Road in daytime

Fuel truck runs North across the horizon

That's all for now. Got another 16 hour day ahead, but I'll update this thread with new pics as time allows.

All the best!
    Mark
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the novels: THE EQUINOX, ACADIA EVENT, HIGHWAYMAN Book One, and numerous short stories and articles.Hidden Content To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    These are gorgeous shots, Mark! Thanks for sharing! Glad to see you're still truckin', too. Stay safe.

Simply stunning, Mark! I echo Foxee, please stay safe.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I enjoy your photography and these are fabulous shots too. How awesome that you are an ice road trucker. I used to watch a television programme about ice road truckers which I found captivating and terrifying at the same time. That programme opened up a whole new world that I never knew existed previously. It’s wonderful to get an insight into that world, so thanks for sharing.
    Always have a dream that is longer than a lifetime.

Love those MJ.
    "PS: don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell fuzhun."

Hidden Content

This is my new Pal "Jackanoob." He visits me on every trip now. If you read my book you'll understand why I called him Jackanoob, if you haven't then you'll have something to consider.

Goodnight.
    M

He is the author of the novels: THE EQUINOX, ACADIA EVENT, HIGHWAYMAN Book One, and numerous short stories and articles.Hidden Content To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    That bird has got to be unsettling after what you've written. :p

More shots from the North.

Night shot taken on a portage between lakes. Came out looking more like a martian landscape.

Same portage taken same night.

I call this one solitude

The road to nowhere
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Incredible shots, I love these.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast