What are you reading now? - Page 7

Page 7 of 246 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107207 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

Among the many things I hadn't done in my 67 years, was to read a book by Virginia Woolf, so yesterday, to the library I returned, and found Mrs Dalloway nestling in amongst the chick-lit and bodice rippers at the very end of the shelves. After less than a page, I realised what all the fuss was about...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

I, Robot and Children of men, two classics. I'm disappointed in I, Robot though. I may not finish it. Children of Men is very interesting though.

Margaret Atwood's "Oryx and Crake." I can't seem to get enough dystopian fiction lately.

Rereading the Lord Of The Rings and Anne Frank's Diary. Just finished the House of Night series (P.C + Kristin Cast). Really good series , so far as it has gone.

I just started reading "Call Me Joe" by Poul Anderson.

It's about a man who uses technology to telekinetically control a Centaur-like creature on a distant planet. Considered by many to be an inspiration for James Cameron's "Avatar". Curiosity got the best of me

I am reading "At the End of Eternity" By Mary Cole.
    It was only published a few months ago and I found it while browsing under horror genres. It is really good actually. The author is new and this is the third book of a series of 3 but you can completely understand it on its own. I found mine at Amazon.com. It is about a couple of vampires who are greeted by "The vampire's gaurdian angel" who has been sent from heaven to offer salvaltion to the damned but in order for them to receive it you have to give up immortality. It is really cool. One character is completely for it, while her husband (the narrator) is the one who is too in love with being a vampire to want to let it go so easily. I am nearly finished but it has been a very addictive read. I have been trying to find more on the author but have no such luck yet. Its At the End of Eternity by MAry Cole. I would very reccomend it for my gothic readers.

House of Night was interesting in its new take on vampires and such, but I do not like the way the authors play with words. Maybe i am old fashion but the language was too modern to interest me that much. I go more for the old style romantic way of speaking. Reading House of NIght with that modern language merely reminded me of reading an everyday facebook wall about teens and their drama.
    Love the portrayal of Nyx though

Yeah actually I think the authors to make it look like, well, vampires are normal , part of everyday life . That kind of portrayal meant vampyre teens will also be like normal teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephonemuse View Post
    I am reading "At the End of Eternity" By Mary Cole.
    It was only published a few months ago and I found it while browsing under horror genres. It is really good actually. The author is new and this is the third book of a series of 3 but you can completely understand it on its own. I found mine at Amazon.com. It is about a couple of vampires who are greeted by "The vampire's gaurdian angel" who has been sent from heaven to offer salvaltion to the damned but in order for them to receive it you have to give up immortality. It is really cool. One character is completely for it, while her husband (the narrator) is the one who is too in love with being a vampire to want to let it go so easily. I am nearly finished but it has been a very addictive read. I have been trying to find more on the author but have no such luck yet. Its At the End of Eternity by MAry Cole. I would very reccomend it for my gothic readers.
    Hi, Mary.