What are you reading now? - Page 5

Page 5 of 246 FirstFirst 123456789101112131555105205 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

I am reading reading Daniel Gilbert's Stumbling on happiness. Really nice and worth a reading.

"Battles of the English Civil War" by Austin Woolrych. recently started, only as far as Marston Moor. he seems to give a mention to every minor skirmish, but lacks the indepth military analysis of John Buchan, (Lord Tweedsmuir) in his excellent biog. of Cromwell.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

I've been reading King's IT for about a month now. Brilliant, but unending. It just goes on, and on...
    Published Works
    Hidden Content , in both Kindle and Paperback.

Just finished King's 11/22/63 (recommended), and started a collection of Algernon Blackwood's John Silence short stories.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Just finished Yasunari Kawabata's The Sound of The Mountain, and have just started Conrad's Nostromo.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Just finished Yasunari Kawabata's The Sound of The Mountain, and have just started Conrad's Nostromo.
    Do let me know how Nostromo goes for you. I've been saving it for over a year, it sits right above my head on the shelf.
    Published Works

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Do let me know how Nostromo goes for you. I've been saving it for over a year, it sits right above my head on the shelf.
    I'm about a third of the way through, though I'll reserve judgement and get back to you once I've finished it.

Lovely, thanks.

I'm still on IT, but I bought William Golding's The Inheritors last week from a charity shop, a book which I've wanted to read for a long time. It's calling me...
    Published Works

We Don't Live Here Anymore by Andre Dubus

"The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England" by Ian Mortimer
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.