What are you reading now? - Page 33

Page 33 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2325262728293031323334353637383940414383133233 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

I'm reading George RR Martin's Armageddon Rag and trying to write music to his lyrics. I'm slogging through the complete O. Henry and chewing on Harlan Ellison's Partners in Wonder. I've just finished the autobiographies of Keith Richards, Tony Iommi, and Ozzy Osbourne. Surprisingly, there isn't much of a dropoff between the former trio and the latter. Kudos to the ghostwriters.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Hi, Moderan!! Nice to see you again.

Greetings. Some folks may not feel as you do *winks* Time hasn't reduced my irascibility one bit
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Re-reading A Feast Unknown by Phillip Jose Farmer. Still one of the most hilarious, horrifying and ridiculously entertaining books ever.

Not for the faint of heart, though.

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    I'm currently reading "The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkien, "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, "School's Out Forever" by Scott Andrews, and "Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin. Yes, I'm in the middle of all of them. I get bored if I just read one book at a time.
    Hi,
    Lol! You are just like me, I always have several books on the go at once.

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    I'm currently reading "The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkien, "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, "School's Out Forever" by Scott Andrews, and "Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin. Yes, I'm in the middle of all of them. I get bored if I just read one book at a time.
    Hi
    one thing - have you seen the DVD series of 'Game of Thrones'? The books are great too of course.

I'm about knee deep in Atonement by Ian McEwan. So far his writing strikes me as some of the most masterful I've yet to encounter. While his prose is a workout for my brain, I'm still able to follow the detail of the story.

Next up - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Hi,
    What is 'Atonement' basically about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly Davidson View Post
    Hi,
    What is 'Atonement' basically about?
    Hi!

It's basically a British love story, set prior to and through the course of WWII. I'm only part way into the thing, but the character development of Briony (13 year old girl) is lengthy and superbly written. I'll be pressing to finish it this week and can expound upon my description and review it for you if you like. I probably never would have picked it up, but it was left at my house by a friend some years ago and I've finally made time to read it. I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, so Atonement is creeping along by comparison. ATSS moves very quickly. Sorry to ramble on!
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Hello Pluralized,
    I would appreciate a review of 'Atonement' certainly, thanks, when you have time.
    I have heard of 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' but never read it either.