What are you reading now? - Page 25

Page 25 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132333575125225 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

Blog Entries
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong.

It's a romanticized account of the fall of the Han Dynasty and consequent Three Kingdoms era of China (about 184-262 A.D.). I would highly recommend it for any history buffs like me out there.

I'm also thinking about reading through The Hobbit again...
    Last edited by Gyarachu; August 29th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    "Fantasy is the literature of hope. In fantasy there is a belief that you can make a difference. Today may be bleak, but you can live through today. And tomorrow will be better. And maybe there'll be a different darkness tomorrow, but you can live through that, too, and you can make the light come, and the darkness go away. It doesn't matter how many times the darkness comes. There is always hope for something better." ~Robert Jordan

"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ~C.S. Lewis

Hi Gyarachu
    Sounds like a good book.
    You remind me, I really must read The Lord of the Rings again!

I am going to start reading The Hunger Games tonight. I have it on loan to my Kindle Touch (with my Amazon Prime membership)

I'm rereading Artemis Fowl, for inspiration for a WIP and to get me thinking of something else other than The Hunger Games. *sniff*
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I am reading Pendragon Book One: The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale and A Clash of Kings By George R.R. Martin.
    Hidden Content
    PlayStation gamer and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn lover!
    Hidden Content

Now halfway through "Ash" by James Herbert. A return to form from the UK'S numero uno chillmeister.
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

I almost blush to admit this...
    A Friend introduced me to Tom Clancy....over the last few months I've read almost all of the Jack Ryan series.
    I've been haunting 2nd hand bookshops trying to find Rainbow Six...late nights and diddly sleep whilst I turn the pages

Quote Originally Posted by Dunluchyn View Post
    I almost blush to admit this...
    A Friend introduced me to Tom Clancy....over the last few months I've read almost all of the Jack Ryan series.
    I've been haunting 2nd hand bookshops trying to find Rainbow Six...late nights and diddly sleep whilst I turn the pages
    No shame there, dude. Rainbox Six is the only Clancy book I've ever read. And it is awesome. So many gunfights! If you're looking for high tech weaponry and gratituous explosions, you could do worse than a dash of Tom Clancy. Always meaning to get my hands on some more of his work.
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Going through 'A View From the Bridge/All My Sons' by Arthur Miller
    "art: as the spirit wanes the form appears" - Charles Bukowski
    Hidden Content

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by Clive Staples Lewis.
    Opinions are welcome. Thanks! =)

Death Carnival ~ Hidden Content ~ Hidden Content [YA]

"Nothing will ever be the exact outcome of what you have planned." Death Carnival