What are you reading now? - Page 243

Page 243 of 246 FirstFirst ... 43143193233235236237238239240241242243244245246 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2455

Thread: What are you reading now?

I looked up the reviews and it does sound like an interesting read. Will put it on my list. Thanks for the recommendation.
    ​Morii

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    I looked up the reviews and it does sound like an interesting read. Will put it on my list. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Hi Neetu, who is this for?

@Monaque, sorry, I thought the reply automatically goes in the right place! It was, umm, for the book “Anxious People”...
    ​Morii

Quote Originally Posted by Monaque View Post
    Hi Neetu, who is this for?
    oops again! My reply is in the box before this one!
    ​Morii

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    oops again! My reply is in the box before this one!
    Hey, no worries, all's good.

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

So, I'm only a quarter of the way through (and hoping desperately my opinion changes soon), I want to dope slap almost all of the characters. Normally an author wants the reader invested in at least some of their characters in a good way and I have not been having that experience. I am going to stick with it because, well, there just has to be something to it, right? Millions of readers claim this is a masterpiece. Again, so far, not so much.

Black 13 by Adam Hamdy, a thriller that is decently well written and am finding also a decent page turner. Not out of the top drawer but a nice break from my normal Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The-90's-Sucked View Post
    Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh
    Beautiful books !!

Just finished "Dirty Rich, by Patterson", The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein.

I start "The Runaway Jury By Grisham" and "And Then There Were None By Agatha Christie" and the 3rd time I read it.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySilence View Post

I start "The Runaway Jury By Grisham"
    In my opinion one of his best.