What are you reading now? - Page 241

Page 241 of 246 FirstFirst ... 41141191231233234235236237238239240241242243244245246 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2455

Thread: What are you reading now?

Ummm, no, I think it was the Journal of a Solitude. I get all mixed up in these threads!
    ​Morii

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    Ummm, no, I think it was the Journal of a Solitude. I get all mixed up in these threads!
    Ah, oops, sorry, got hold of the wrong end of the novel there.

I looked up Elif Shafak and she has written several novels. I might look up some in my virtual libraries. I can't imagine you enjoying a book that tells you how to stay sane, Kat. I can't imagine me doing that either!
    I enjoy reading diverse writers from around the world and the book I just picked up is called The Return and it's a Pulitzer prize winning novel by a Libyan writer, Hisham Matar. Will review after I finish reading it!
    ​Morii

Kafka short stories....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Working on reading Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle which, to my surprise, reminds me in tone and 'cultural' psychology to Forster's Passage to India, which makes no sense whatever, but who knows where one's sense of personal analogies comes from? And I must assume Jay Rubin's translation from the original Japanese is sensitive to both details of content and nuances of tone. This is my first Murakami novel and I'm very impressed. Intend to read more.

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

If there are any readers here of historical fiction, memoirs, etc, please do suggest some of your favorite books! I would love to know.
    ​Morii

Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy is historical fiction, more on the fantasy side of it but historical nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    If there are any readers here of historical fiction, memoirs, etc, please do suggest some of your favorite books! I would love to know.
    My favourites
    Hillary Mantel for fiction.
    Christopher Hill for non-fiction, 'The world turned upside down' was particularly readable.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Today is Sunday, so today Relax.
    The second Book of The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.