What are you reading now? - Page 239

Thread: What are you reading now?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    My missus bought three copies for her 'girlfriends', she borrowed it from the library as she works there and gets first dibs.

Still reading Christopher Hill on John Bunyan, it is slow. In the meantime I have also read "Corduroy Mansions" by McCall Smith and started 'The fairy stories of Oscar Wilde' that my daughter gave me for Christmas.
    My sister gave it the thumbs up, and the little I've read so far it's good.

I just finished Che Guevara's Guerilla Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealMan View Post
    I just finished Che Guevara's Guerilla Warfare
    and... was it goood? Would you recommend it and if so why?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

'Arabia through the Looking Glass' by Jonathan Raban. I recommend it to anyone; it's written with blunt good humour (mostly in English).
    Kind regards,
    Hidden Content Katrina
    Hidden Content
    Choreographing Calligraphy

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    'Arabia through the Looking Glass' by Jonathan Raban. I recommend it to anyone; it's written with blunt good humour (mostly in English).
    1979, bit dated for a travel book.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

I strongly dislike travel. I picked up the book from outside a flat, which I am sure an old man was clearing out.
    Kind regards,
    Hidden Content Katrina
    Hidden Content
    Choreographing Calligraphy

I am not alone in leaving books for people, there is a garden wall in Bohemia Road in Hastings that often has books left on it.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201224_092021289.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	26357
    Memories at Midnight by Maggie Brown....nearly finished...
    Last edited by escorial; January 23rd, 2021 at 04:05 PM.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I watched the first season of the TV show and didn't like it very much, but wanted to see what the book was all about and why it was such a phenomenon. I much prefer the book, but I have read a lot better. It is well written and engaging enough, but not easy to read by any stretch. Very depressing in parts and the theme is obviously quite dark.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonTheWriter View Post
    13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I watched the first season of the TV show and didn't like it very much, but wanted to see what the book was all about and why it was such a phenomenon. I much prefer the book, but I have read a lot better. It is well written and engaging enough, but not easy to read by any stretch. Very depressing in parts and the theme is obviously quite dark.
    Yes, I've seen it on Netflix, it always did strike me as being dark.

Reading a Sophie Hannah book, The Killings at Kingfisher Hill, a Poirot novel. It's not bad so far, although it's been a while since I read a genuine Christie, so hard to compare.