What are you reading now? - Page 238

Thread: What are you reading now?

My book looks better...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    My book looks better...
    How about inside?
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

My copy is a first edition but it has a few blank pages....I had a good idea to the backstory so I kept it. .

Re-reading N.K. Jemison's "The Broken Earth" trilogy. Speculative fiction (with a literary tilt) at its very best. This is my second time through it and it's still every bit as wonderful as the first.

I'm not sure if I posted in here recently or not. If I did, I'm still on the fourth book of the Dresden Files. I need one more session to finish it off, I think. Then I'm probably going to read Firebird by Jack McDevitt. I've read the first five of the Alex Benedict series. I'm not sure how to describe them, except the plots are interesting and contain non-standard elements, so I get surprises I don't get from some other novels.

Blog Entries
    I am continuing to read Robert McKee's 2 books (Story and, Dialogue), they are wonderful, I am learning a lot.

I discovered Tom Clancy and John Grisham: I fell in love I want to read all the books
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Collins Guide to Parish Churches of England & Wales....Edited By John Betjeman...

Still can't post pics on here...

Blog Entries
    The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II
    by Iris Chang
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Re-reading N.K. Jemison's "The Broken Earth" trilogy. Speculative fiction (with a literary tilt) at its very best. This is my second time through it and it's still every bit as wonderful as the first.
    Yes, very well written, and quite unusual, Science Fantasy perhaps. Enjoyed the first book and never got around to reading the others.

Reading one of John Le Carre's books, A delicate Truth, inspired to read by his recent death. Also started Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club, a book I purchased for my sister for a Christmas present, fully knowing I would also get to read it. I've also got to finish The Mars trilogy by KSR. Finished the first book and want to read the others. It's not exactly a page turning trilogy, and is very detailed, but brilliant in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaque View Post
    Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club, a book I purchased for my sister for a Christmas present, fully knowing I would also get to read it.
    My missus bought three copies for her 'girlfriends', she borrowed it from the library as she works there and gets first dibs.

Still reading Christopher Hill on John Bunyan, it is slow. In the meantime I have also read "Corduroy Mansions" by McCall Smith and started 'The fairy stories of Oscar Wilde' that my daughter gave me for Christmas.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content