What are you reading now? - Page 233

Page 233 of 234 FirstFirst ... 33133183223225226227228229230231232233234 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2339

Thread: What are you reading now?

Blog Entries
    Alone, by Brett Archibald

It's about a guy who gets food poisoning on a boat in the middle of the night during an intense storm and while puking his guts out on the deck, gets thrown overboard. But nobody notices that he's missing until the next morning. Uh-oh!

Most of the book is just filler, but there are some good parts. I assume he will survive since he wrote the book to tell about it.

I'm not currently reading anything, but I did just finish a batch of books from the library. Strong Female Protagonist Volumes 1 + 2 were interesting, though very wordy and light on plot. The other books I'd checked out were Furyborn and Bookburners, neither of which held my interest for more than a couple of chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    Alone, by Brett Archibald

It's about a guy who gets food poisoning on a boat in the middle of the night during an intense storm and while puking his guts out on the deck, gets thrown overboard. But nobody notices that he's missing until the next morning. Uh-oh!

Most of the book is just filler, but there are some good parts. I assume he will survive since he wrote the book to tell about it.
    Ever read 'Captains Courageous' by Kipling? It is about a spoiled brat who gets given a cigar, makes himself ill with it, and falls off a boat in the middle of the night ...
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiender View Post
    I'm not currently reading anything, but I did just finish a batch of books from the library. Strong Female Protagonist Volumes 1 + 2 were interesting, though very wordy and light on plot. The other books I'd checked out were Furyborn and Bookburners, neither of which held my interest for more than a couple of chapters.
    Lol, the luck of the draw eh? It's nice when you can hit on a good read written by an author who has a few book-titles on the shelves. I've found one such an author but they have the same old five or six, out of thirty odd.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuck.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	25352
    I bought one last year, still have it somewhere, entitled " f**k it " by John C Parkin.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I'm reading David Copperfild by Charles Dickens. The recent release of the film has piqued my interest. I want to read it before I watch the film. I'm only about 50 pages in and I'm enjoying it. Charles Dickens really knows how to make you feel helpless as you witness a sense of injustice on the pages and evokes strong emotions.

I have just finished reading Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem. I watched the film afterwards. The film was completely different except the main characters being detectives and the main character having tourettes syndrome.

Both are good just they are both very different. I was disappointed when I started watching the film because I was looking forward to seeing how Edward Norton would depict certain scenes from the book but the story line and even the time line they are set in are very different. However once I got over this, they are both enjoyable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Ever read 'Captains Courageous' by Kipling? It is about a spoiled brat who gets given a cigar, makes himself ill with it, and falls off a boat in the middle of the night ...
    No, is it good?

So so, not his best, but quite readable.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I think, thanks to M.C.Beaton's Hamish MacBeth series, I've finally found a preferred genre. The MacBeth character is a Police detective and right from the off, I liked him, he just seems so real. The novels, crime novels/detective stories, call them what you will have all been page-turners for me. They're books that, once I've started reading, I can't put down.
    Well now, I've just finished Angela Marson's SILENT SCREAM. I didn't realise at the time of borrowing but it's another crime story, the MC is one D.I. Kim Stone and she is just great. Can't help but like her. Her refusal to adhere to protocol and her acerbic wit I find endearing and for me, to know her is to love her. I can't believe I just said that but there you go.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.