What are you reading now? - Page 232

Page 232 of 235 FirstFirst ... 32132182222224225226227228229230231232233234235 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2342

Thread: What are you reading now?

Blog Entries
    How about this for coincidence;

I borrowed three books from the library yesterday and the first one I started reading when I got home is about a man who, after working for the same employer his whole working life, has just retired and is totally lost. Doesn't know how to deal with retirement.

By the way, the newspaper that I read was promoting a book-title yesterday entitled " getting old, deal with it " but it's written about and for woman.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    The Bitterest Pill (a Jesse Stone novel written by Reed Farrell Coleman) Fentanyl kills people, is it murder to sell it? I haven't read the whole thing but I'd say it should be in a reasonable world.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See on audiobook. I can't believe foot-binding was even legal much less common practice that only died out relatively recently. So many rules regarding how people interacted. I'm not usually into books about the lives of women in general but this one is fascinating. (Does remind me of Memories of a Geisha)

Blog Entries
    Conor Bowman's " Horace Winter says Goodbye " proved difficult to read, although it's only fiction, it was about an old man whose whole life had been littered with missed chances just like mine. Reminiscences and regrets aplenty. Deep sigh...

Life eh?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200121_220636644.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	25320

Started reading and bought it soon after because it's a short essay on suicide...when I burst out laughing at a suicide note quoted I just had to stop before I read it to the end...I adore short books but 11 quid for this nearly put me of until I read...my darling wife..I despise you..good bye...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Just finished 'The hare with the amber eyes', 'Hard times', and 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' all on the same day. Time I went and trawled the charity shop bookshelves, the mist is gradually lifting, if only the sun would come out.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I've just read Cressida McLaughlin's " The Cornish Cream Tea Bus " and it's brilliant.
    I'm afraid that this confirms what Mr.Buckle has said about my being a romantic.

Life eh?

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Just finished 'The hare with the amber eyes', 'Hard times', and 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' all on the same day. Time I went and trawled the charity shop bookshelves, the mist is gradually lifting, if only the sun would come out.
    Just a note here, whenever I get charity shop books, I've started putting them in a plastic bag in the freezer for a couple of days, since I learned about book mites. :/

Been, got a copy of Dickens, 'Tale of Two Cities', an Ian Banks novel, and McNab by John Buchan. Started the Dickens, 'It was the best of times ...'
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200127_195946330.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	25346

Never had a teddy instead I had an action man
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Much to my surprise, I 've just finished a TOM CLANCY, "Line of Sight".

It's not a bad read if that's your sort of thing.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.