What are you reading now? - Page 224

Thread: What are you reading now?

I buy nearly all my books from used bookshops and you never know what you might pick up on a visit...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Bouncing back and forth between H. P. Lovecraft (on Whisperer in Darkness) and Junji Ito's manga collection

but mostly I'm going through Pinocchio, rewriting, writing, making a new outline to try to get my thoughts in order. Old outline was... really old. Didn't have a lot of the chapters.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

ref post 2203, this thread, pg 221
    whole stack omitted, compile
    approx 5 per week

The Atomic City Girls by June Beard

The Black Book by James Patterson

The Store by James Patterson
    Tech hater heaven.
    jussayin'

*considers next list of incoming*

Blog Entries
    Portrait if a killer, by Patricia Cornwell. A book based around Jack The Ripper.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_225437443.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	24150
    I only had a five pound note and wanted to buy both...this one an MalcomX...the shop only accepts cash

Today, I started The Poetical Works of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (complete) and The Golden Bough by James George Frazer.

Today found this on a table outside bookstore..I like the cover of this edition..now have four..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190808_151039717.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	24156

Oooooo! That's a great find methinks. I'm going to go haunt one of the used bookstores in my town soon! Just need to get some money! XD

I finished this one yesterday and was pleasantly surprised:

I haven't bought a new book for nearly a year...never seen a Kindle in one yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Bard_Daniel View Post
    Oooooo! That's a great find methinks. I'm going to go haunt one of the used bookstores in my town soon! Just need to get some money! XD
    Used bookstores can be relatively expensive, I spend a lot of time going through books in charity shops. They tend not to classify them as well (or at all sometimes) and there is a lot of 'Chick lit.' as people use them as a sort of exchange, but there is stuff there. I have built up a really good collection of writing reference books, dictionaries of all sorts of things from quotations to idioms. Of course they only get used for browsing, it's easier to go on line to look up something specific, but it makes a fascinating six feet of shelf for an idle hour. The other thing I have found there over the years is a good collection of classics, they are the sort of thing people buy because they feel they ought to, then dump without reading, but on the whole they are actually worth reading, that is why they became 'classic'.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content