What are you reading now? - Page 223

Thread: What are you reading now?

LOL! I don't know. I'm not far enough along, yet. I've been reading a lot of romance, lately. Homework... After writing a lot of macabre, surreal, and ghost stories, I'm finding that I really enjoy writing romance. Go figure... /smh...
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Reading The Colors Out of Space by H. P. Lovecraft.
    Last edited by seigfried007; July 25th, 2019 at 07:20 PM.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Smoke and mirrors, by Neil Gaiman. Short story collection. 'The Price' is my favourite so far.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Just started Dune!

Aside from some of my own (totally unfounded) biases that made me dislike the narrator from the onset, and aside from the strongly masculine style in which it's written (which honestly is to be expected given it's like a classic scifi piece, where most of the writers were old white men), it's an interesting read so far! Some nice quotes, and I like the meditation/vipassana-esque backdrop. Excited to see why some many people are hardcore fans.
    To be water. To be the Hidden Content .

My Diary From the Edge of the World by...I forget the author's name and am too lazy to fetch the book.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBagOfBasmatiRice View Post
    My Diary From the Edge of the World by...I forget the author's name and am too lazy to fetch the book.
    Jodi Lynn Anderson, you don't need the book, just open a new window for Google.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Y'ALL so I'm 192 pages into Dune and Paul just called himself a "freak" and WTF is this guy like the biggest Mary Sue ever? Why do so many people like this book??

EDIT: okay, i see why so many people like this book. But for real, Paul as a well developed character is WEAK
    Last edited by Grizzly; July 28th, 2019 at 12:15 AM.
    To be water. To be the Hidden Content .

I was reading The Weight of Honor by Morgan Rice, but took a break from it to sample A Clash of Kings. I was never that interested in the Game of Thrones series, but after hearing so much praise about it for so long I figured I'd give it a read.

The leader who set the way for Blair
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190729_194130560.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	24098
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Ecorial, how do you select what you'll be reading- if you don't mind me asking?

I just finished up my Napoleon biography! I'm moving onto more plays from the Best American Play Series (1974-1982) and going to be debating what my next read is. Currently working on Raptor Red, but that'll only keep me busy for a day or so. I get money real soon so I'm thinking of splurging on the last 5-6 Philip K. Dick books I haven't read. = )