What are you reading now? - Page 222

Page 222 of 227 FirstFirst ... 22122172212214215216217218219220221222223224225226227 LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2262

Thread: What are you reading now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190715_152815805_HDR.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	24059

A portrait of a 19th century dandy
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I'm reading the light novel "Goblin Slayer vol. 1"...

I'm currently reading The Man Without Qualities and it's amazing.

Name:	1563443185447-195529519.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	24063

Wouldn't want to sit next to these two at a dinner party
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Just finished The Royal Game and Other Stories by Stefan Zweig. An amazing assemblage! He managed to variate his form and technique with each story and the titular was incredible. Well worth the read.

Blog Entries
    At the Moment Book 1 of "Magic Bites" and as described on Amazon. com "Ilona Andrews invites you to experience the first novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series featuring the intriguing fantasy world of mercenary Kate Daniels…

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up magical problems. But when Kate’s guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta’s magic circles. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she’s way our of her league—but she wouldn’t want it any other way…"

Suming it up so far it is a fun read, not heavy at all, just an easy read that is a different story line from the usual (which is always refreshing). I don't know what is going to happen next. I just finished Bernard Cornwell's book Waterloo, which was kinda dry, but I love his writing so persevered through it.

Just finished up The Man Without Qualities. I thought it was one of the finest novels that I've read. So much to like and appreciate here. The ideas, the plot, and the characters blended seamlessly together in a cornucopia of wonder.

Truly well done.

Quote Originally Posted by thefloridapoet View Post
    At the Moment Book 1 of "Magic Bites" and as described on Amazon. com "Ilona Andrews invites you to experience the first novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series featuring the intriguing fantasy world of mercenary Kate Daniels…

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up magical problems. But when Kate’s guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta’s magic circles. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she’s way our of her league—but she wouldn’t want it any other way…"

Suming it up so far it is a fun read, not heavy at all, just an easy read that is a different story line from the usual (which is always refreshing). I don't know what is going to happen next. I just finished Bernard Cornwell's book Waterloo, which was kinda dry, but I love his writing so persevered through it.
    That sounds pretty good- Magic Bites.

Was Waterloo about the infamous Napoleon battle? =-)

I'm reading Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment and Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse at the same time.

:-O

I'm reading trash. LOL!

Name:	scruples-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	24079
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?