What are you reading now? - Page 220

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 220 of 220 FirstFirst ... 20120170210212213214215216217218219220
Results 2,191 to 2,199 of 2199

Thread: What are you reading now?

I am currently working my way through The Time Machine by H.G Wells. It's good - I am liking it.

John B. Keane - "Irish Stories."
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

I just finished The Picture of Dorian Gray and Fahrenheit 451 (I was teaching an English class and thought I better bone up on the books I made them read) and now I'm reading Stephen King's The Outsider.

Love Bradbury. He and Poe were my first introduction to the macabre and short stories.
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Fahrenheit 451 always seems over-rated to me, a nice little idea, might make a good short story where holes like where is this wilderness they escape to so easily, but it can be overlooked and it doesn't matter that none of the characters really get developed, but it is not a very good book in my eyes. Still plenty of other people rate it so maybe it is just me.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Love Bradbury. He and Poe were my first introduction to the macabre and short stories.
    Yes! Me too fair fellow!

I read, a little while ago, his collected stories (100 of them in there.) He was truly amazing. I think one of his quotes was, "I didn't go to university, I went to libraries."
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Just finished The Mad Scientists Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke. It's a book set in a semi-dystopian future where a lot of the population has died and robots are normality. A little girl falls in love with a human-like android and the story details the ups-and-downs of her life with him. It's well written, and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insolitus View Post
    Just finished The Mad Scientists Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke. It's a book set in a semi-dystopian future where a lot of the population has died and robots are normality. A little girl falls in love with a human-like android and the story details the ups-and-downs of her life with him. It's well written, and I loved it.
    nice!
    *adds to "find this" list*
    read any of the others by this author?
    pls.n.thx,

Quote Originally Posted by -xXx- View Post
    nice!
    *adds to "find this" list*
    read any of the others by this author?
    pls.n.thx,
    That was the first one, but it seems like the only one that focuses on AI romance. I believe her other works are fantasy. She also penned the 2017 Halo novel. It's a shame. I'd love to find some more grounded human/AI romance books.