What are you reading now? - Page 212

Thread: What are you reading now?

Got a lift to the station today when a priest pulled up and asked me...were was st Helen church and I commented that I thought it was an ugly building..when I got to the city I bought two books..one new an used..never intended to buy any...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190130_204856293.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	23266
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    I've just finished Ben Elton's "TIME and TIME again and what an absolutely brilliant read. Have already read one or two of his but THIS one, amazing. I shall be seeking him out whenever I go to library now. Just a great great read.
    What's that say about me? I wonder.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    I've just finished Ben Elton's "TIME and TIME again and what an absolutely brilliant read. Have already read one or two of his but THIS one, amazing. I shall be seeking him out whenever I go to library now. Just a great great read.
    What's that say about me? I wonder.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of his that I read, but then started finding them a bit 'sameish'. I shall look out for that one now you have said though. I see a fair bit of him in charity shops, I use the library for the particular, but browse the charity shops for general reading, I like contributing to the charity and having the book to pass on, and they are usually dirt cheap, the local Barnardo's shop was offering any four books for a quid the other day! I think they get far more than they sell.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Mr.Buckle,
    I suppose , to be honest, his writings are a little shallow, me to perhaps, I suppose, but this one has the most perfect ending. Would like to know what you think of it if you do read it.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks lately. I borrow from the library and listen in the car on my way to and from work. Currently about a third of the way through Terry Pratchett's 'I Shall Wear Midnight' and loving it. The narration is quite perfect.

I found a pretty cool book at my library about the working memory, how it differs from IQ, and how to improve it. Its called 'The Working Memory Advantage.' I started it but I'll let you know how I feel at the end.
    *says clever one liner, nobody hears it.*

All of my stuff is here. Best place to get my attention. You'll have my love immediately.

Hidden Content

Going to read the naturalist which was number one in science fiction on amazon and they had it at a special price. So I bought it. I think it's a science fiction thriller probably with a detective. But that's from reading the blurb.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    I just finished reading " the way back home " by Freya North and it really resonated with me. A tale of self-doubt and insecurities and another great read imo.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

ref post 1890, this thread, pg 189
    whole stack omitted, compile
    approx 5 per week

Burn by James Patterson
    Michael Bennett Series, 7/11
    The Murder House by James Patterson with Dave Ellis, 4/5

Thankless In Death by J D Robb
    Eve Dallas Series, 46/59

The Defector by Daniel Silva
    Gabriel Allon Series, 9/18

Partials by Dan Wells, 1/4

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
    per wiki, 1899
    Central to Conrad's work is the idea that there is little difference between so-called civilised people and those described as savages; Heart of Darkness raises questions about imperialism and racism.[3]
    also note Apocalypse Now comment, same wiki

*considers next list of incoming*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15512974231151731545278.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	23380
    some boss essay's...
    The only one who can heal you is you.