What are you reading now? - Page 210

Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 10110160200202203204205206207208209210
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2100
    Currently reading Blossoms and Blood which is about the film director Paul Thomas Anderson who is a favourite of mine, it covers the period from his first film Hard Eight to The Master. It's a shame that it ends there as he has made a couple of great films since then. It's very revealing about both the man and his films and a must read for any fan of his.

Blog Entries
    Just finished "Dancing with Dementia" by Christine Bryden and for anyone who might be affected by this condition through a family member/friend/acquaintance/whatever it's one hell of a read.

And now, for something completely different, yeah, I know, MPFC,

I'm about to make a start on " The Pursuit of Happiness" by Ruth Whippman.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Herodotus 'The histories' is taking time, it is my 'upstairs bathroom book', but there are some great ideas.

The flying snakes which have to be smoked out of the trees in Arabia before the myrrh can be collected are so fertile they would take over the earth if it were not for the fact that the female kills the male as soon as they have mated and the young eat their way out through the mother's belly, killing her.

Nobody knows where cinnamon comes from, giant birds bring the sticks to make their nests on inaccessible cliff faces, the locals feed the birds so much meat the nests can't take the weight and fall.

The Greek mercenaries who had captured the opposing kings sons and before the battle brought them to the front of the army, cut their throats, bled them into a large bowl, mixed the blood with vinegar and water, and then shared it out and drank it.

It is full of this sort of stuff, great stories. When you think where cinnamon actually comes from it is pretty amazing that the Greeks were trading for it over 400 years before Christ.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

How many life changing decisions have you made while sitting on your throne Olly...?
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post

I'm about to make a start on " The Pursuit of Happiness" by Ruth Whippman.
    Careful you don't catch it
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I'm finally getting 'round to finishing off the Narnia chronicles (three left). I'm reading in chronological order, so started with The Magician's Nephew, and enjoyed it so much more than I expected. Going back to the origins of a universe in prequel form can often feel forced or unnatural if it doesn't somewhat resemble the first novel that was released, but Lewis did a great job of making it feel consistent with The Lion... in tone and voicing.

My favourite part by a mile is where the young children find themselves in the forest betwixt realms, surrounded by magical puddles that lead beyond. When they fall into Charn, Jadis' native city on her native planet, I was transfixed beyond words; I was there. He describes this dead world, barely lit by its dead star, inhabited by the ensorceled residents of Jadis' court, as if he were recalling a memory. It reminded me a lot of Anor Londo from the Dark Souls series -- a once-glorious kingdom put to sleep -- so much that I'm convinced the creators must have read this book, or observed artwork inspired by it, something. It's supremely eerie, and the way it all leads to the genesis story of Narnia is beautiful and captivating.

I'm up to Dawn Treader now, and it's definitely continuing in the style of Prince Caspian, which is fine by me.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Careful you don't catch it

Lol,
    no worries there Mr.Buckle. It's all about making fun of those who spend their whole lives preaching and buying into the self-help con.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Reading Ursula k le guin anthology 1st volume. Brothers and sisters, is the story it's a long novella.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190111_201603693.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	23183

Great find for moi
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adaybookofgrace2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	23186

a year's worth of reading one page a day.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content