What are you reading now? - Page 209

Thread: What are you reading now?

Just ordered the Kindle edition of Robert Heinlein's Glory Road.

It's one I always wanted to read, but never seemed to run across, back in the "old days" when I used to frequent book stores.

Just picked it up on Amazon, along with a free Audible version, so now I've got no excuse. If I get too lazy, or my eyes get too tired to do it the old fashioned way and read it myself, I can let this little device from Hell read it to me.

By the way, the only other book I currently have on my tablet ( for reading with the Kindle app ) is The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to write the story beneath the surface, by Donald Maass. It concerns writing emotion into your characters.

Haven't gotten very far through it, but it seems worth the few bucks I paid for it.

Anyway, that's my reading list for now. ( Other than the forums here, of course. )

Edit: Currently listening to the audio version of Glory Road. Was skeptical, but must say that I'm enjoying it in spite of my reservations. It's narrated by Bronson Pinchot, and although his "feminine" voice leaves a bit to be desired, he's doing an admirable job of voice acting. Would I prefer a full, multi-gendered cast? Yes. However, this is the next best thing, and still quite acceptable.

G.D.
    Last edited by Guard Dog; November 15th, 2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181120_190732167.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	22998
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Name:	IMG_20181123_201521407.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	23008

Quack read

Charity shop fined on sale..hardbacks 50p..when I get to the top of my road there are million plus properties an in the village charity shop you can find some great stuff..can just imagine some right wing Tory reading this before they popped of...Maggie is my political hero..I might look middle class an walk amongst them but as soon as I open my gob they head for the hills...

Name:	IMG_20181127_171245069.jpg 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	23022

Blog Entries
    Get The Truth. It's from the same authors who wrote Spy The Lie.

Whereas Spy The Lie was about the various tricks and methods you can use to determine whether or not someone is lying to you, Get The Truth focuses on how to get someone to tell you the truth.

If you're writing mystery, or if any part of your story involves a character trying to ferret out the truth from someone, these books are very informative.
    I write because if I did anything else with the ideas in my head, I'd go to prison.

When a woman opposite me on the train seen me reading it she gave me a weird look...

Name:	IMG_20181208_201941700.jpg 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	23052

Don't normally buy hardbacks but I can't walk away after a read of a few pages....16 quid to...

Name:	IMG_20181216_160946722.jpg 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	23072

Hi GD,
    I am puzzling out something inspired by The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, love that book. Give my regards to A Star A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    Just ordered the Kindle edition of Robert Heinlein's Glory Road.

It's one I always wanted to read, but never seemed to run across, back in the "old days" when I used to frequent book stores.

Just picked it up on Amazon, along with a free Audible version, so now I've got no excuse. If I get too lazy, or my eyes get too tired to do it the old fashioned way and read it myself, I can let this little device from Hell read it to me.

By the way, the only other book I currently have on my tablet ( for reading with the Kindle app ) is The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to write the story beneath the surface, by Donald Maass. It concerns writing emotion into your characters.

Haven't gotten very far through it, but it seems worth the few bucks I paid for it.

Anyway, that's my reading list for now. ( Other than the forums here, of course. )

Edit: Currently listening to the audio version of Glory Road. Was skeptical, but must say that I'm enjoying it in spite of my reservations. It's narrated by Bronson Pinchot, and although his "feminine" voice leaves a bit to be desired, he's doing an admirable job of voice acting. Would I prefer a full, multi-gendered cast? Yes. However, this is the next best thing, and still quite acceptable.

G.D.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    Give my regards to A Star A.
    I'll tell her you said 'Hi'.

( I wish I really could; I'd love to get a look at that gal, just... because. )

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

I am reading grand blue manga at www.mangazuki.me. This is the best place to read manga's.