What are you reading now? - Page 209

Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 9109159199201202203204205206207208209
Results 2,081 to 2,081 of 2081
    In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Just ordered the Kindle edition of Robert Heinlein's Glory Road.

It's one I always wanted to read, but never seemed to run across, back in the "old days" when I used to frequent book stores.

Just picked it up on Amazon, along with a free Audible version, so now I've got no excuse. If I get too lazy, or my eyes get too tired to do it the old fashioned way and read it myself, I can let this little device from Hell read it to me.

By the way, the only other book I currently have on my tablet ( for reading with the Kindle app ) is The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to write the story beneath the surface, by Donald Maass. It concerns writing emotion into your characters.

Haven't gotten very far through it, but it seems worth the few bucks I paid for it.

Anyway, that's my reading list for now. ( Other than the forums here, of course. )

Edit: Currently listening to the audio version of Glory Road. Was skeptical, but must say that I'm enjoying it in spite of my reservations. It's narrated by Bronson Pinchot, and although his "feminine" voice leaves a bit to be desired, he's doing an admirable job of voice acting. Would I prefer a full, multi-gendered cast? Yes. However, this is the next best thing, and still quite acceptable.

G.D.
    Last edited by Guard Dog; November 15th, 2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Let me be painfully clear: I do not know what the hell I'm doing with this writing thing.
    And if I suddenly start acting like I do, would somebody please punch me in the head?
    Thanks.
    G.D.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."