What are you reading now? - Page 208

Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 8108158198200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2081
    Blog Entries
    We don't hear/read reports of families being slaughtered because of their ancestry nowadays.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

One of them that I just picked up read a bit an then bought it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181105_155603727.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	22932
    The only one who can heal you is you.

The Mists of Avalon.

The best magic i've seen in a work of fiction since... hmm, ever.

Bought two today...

Name:	IMG_20181108_233635373.jpg 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	22954

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Dither, one of the books I have on the go at the moment is 'Mail obsession' A journey round Britain by postcode, by Mark Mason, you don't have to be an Orwell to write about the country, it is general trivia from every postcode. There is always demand for such books, pick an approach and allow yourself the luxury of research trips.
    I think, maybe it could be an interesting exercise in writing. Who knows? With the help of WF I might even learn how to write. I just love the way [ the mindset of the man ] Orwell saw, interpreted, and then put his experiences into to words but his travels weren't without risk. Getting up close and personal with real people? In this day age? Not a good idea I think. To trawl the thoughts feelings views and experiences of the general public [ lol! I bet I could walk the whole way around Britain without speaking to a soul ] could be a wonderful experience though.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    I think, maybe it could be an interesting exercise in writing. Who knows? With the help of WF I might even learn how to write. I just love the way [ the mindset of the man ] Orwell saw, interpreted, and then put his experiences into to words but his travels weren't without risk. Getting up close and personal with real people? In this day age? Not a good idea I think. To trawl the thoughts feelings views and experiences of the general public [ lol! I bet I could walk the whole way around Britain without speaking to a soul ] could be a wonderful experience though.
    Are you not old enough for a bus pass? Great way of getting into a conversation, waiting at a rural bus stop.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Me? I've still got a couple of years to go.
    Y'know?
    On Saturday lunchtime as I waited for my bus home from shopping, a woman spoke to me and I clammed up. I still can't make that leap. I just can't. And it rankles, it really does.

But, reading the book I have now brings home just how difficult such an enterprise would be. I don't like to go anywhere without knowing the whereabouts of public toilets for starters.
    Would be nice to bus-hop and just call in at b&b's as and when I felt like it but life isn't like that is it. And just imagine, doing it on a free bus pass. Pretty cool huh!

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Me? I've still got a couple of years to go.
    Y'know?
    On Saturday lunchtime as I waited for my bus home from shopping, a woman spoke to me and I clammed up. I still can't make that leap. I just can't. And it rankles, it really does.

But, reading the book I have now brings home just how difficult such an enterprise would be. I don't like to go anywhere without knowing the whereabouts of public toilets for starters.
    Would be nice to bus-hop and just call in at b&b's as and when I felt like it but life isn't like that is it. And just imagine, doing it on a free bus pass. Pretty cool huh!
    I swear you've seen more action at bus stops in the last six months than I managed in ten years of studied moral dilapidation down the Big Smoke.

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    I swear you've seen more action at bus stops in the last six months than I managed in ten years of studied moral dilapidation down the Big Smoke.
    If only I hadn't looked the other way.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Name:	IMG_20181113_213445143.jpg 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	22974
    Should have been the queen of blighty