What are you reading now? - Page 207

Thread: What are you reading now?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently at 3 dollars today only. Hurry at that price you'll get my favorite fantasy series. Actually, it is tied with the whole collection of the great book of amber.

4 books of the 8 book series at 3 dollars only. I saw it through the Amazon promotion in my email inbox. It's fun to read, I bought it for fun, and who knows if a plot could inspire me.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    The book that actually demanded, it fell from a shelf behind me as I viewed others in the biographies section, that I take it out on loan turned out to be a really nice read.
    "After the crash by Martin Spinelli".
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181014_093531882.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	22824

Name:	IMG_20181014_093510879.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	22825

Reading moderate theological thinking books makes me realize how evil it is...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Sam Harris's Waking Up: Spirituality without religion.

his end of faith was a hoot
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post

Name:	IMG_20181014_093531882.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	22824

Name:	IMG_20181014_093510879.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	22825

Reading moderate theological thinking books makes me realize how evil it is...
    I recently finished 'Who killed Chaucer?' by Terry Jones in association with a couple of historians. You think they are evil, you should try Thomas Arundel, archbishop of Canterbury in 1400. He introduced burning alive for heresy, which meant disagreeing in any way with anything the church said, and banned publishing religious texts in English, had to be in Latin. He also banned anyone outside the church from criticising the church, that was Chaucer's crime, and he did it in English. He simply vanished around 1402 and probably died in the bishop's dungeon. At least you and I don't face a death penalty for what we have written, we would have then, and it would have been nasty, no clean death for heretics.

Edit, by the way, good to see you posting again.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    This kind of rings with what I'm reading about the Romanovs. It was the same the world over. Power-struggles. The few wanting to rule and control the masses
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    And on a lighter note;

I've just picked up a book entitled " The January Man , a year of walking Britain". by Christopher Somerville. There are twelve chapters,all having a month as the title. It's a book about one man walking various parts of the British countryside reflecting on the coming and going of the seasons.

A few pages in [ well, one hundred actually ] and, mmmm, I don't know.
    It's about places, county-side 'ish, I want to read about towns, cultures, traditions, cities, and people.
    And their differences moving from one end of Britain to the other.
    I would love to attempt such a thing.
    Even I can dream.
    Orwell sort of thing.Road to Wigan Pier and all that.
    Now I really AM dreaming.

Trouble is, I know nothing of life and people beyond my own back yard.
    But I long to observe the lives and times of others across GB.
    Last edited by dither; November 5th, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Dither, one of the books I have on the go at the moment is 'Mail obsession' A journey round Britain by postcode, by Mark Mason, you don't have to be an Orwell to write about the country, it is general trivia from every postcode. There is always demand for such books, pick an approach and allow yourself the luxury of research trips.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    This kind of rings with what I'm reading about the Romanovs. It was the same the world over. Power-struggles. The few wanting to rule and control the masses
    What do you mean 'Was'?
    Hidden Content