What are you reading now? - Page 206

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: What are you reading now?

Blog Entries
    Although it's a novel, it's life I guess and life isn't always pretty.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I am currently rereading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I just finished Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan. I would highly recommend it to other millennials, but as the saying goes - The young shouldn't read Water Margin.

Next on my list is Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits by David Wong, so that's what I'm reading now.

No computer recently, so been getting a bit of reading done, just finished 'English in a hundred words' by David Crystal, very readable. now got four going. 'The view from the cheap seats' by Neil Gaiman, writing about writers and writing; Herodotus, The histories, some good tales to re-write; 'Who murdered Chaucer', by Terry Jones, interesting history, and take the title literally; and, 'Nathaniel nutmeg', about the history of the spice trade.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I'm re-reading the Frostborn series. Absolutely amazing

Finished Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits. Not as good as John Dies at the End. Not a comment on David Wong's abilities as a writer; personal taste.

So now I'm reading Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Wondering if it reads better in the original Russian. I don't think this translation is very good.
    I don't want what another man can give me. If he grants me anything, then it's his to give and not my own.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon

Blog Entries
    I just finished Janet Street Porter's memoir " Fall out".
    And, love her or loathe her, it was so refreshing to read of such, how can I put this?, perceived wayward goings on from a seemingly respectable married woman.
    You make friends with a member of the opposite and sometimes you cut loose.
    Boy did she cut loose.
    How WRONG is that?
    You know what?
    I envy, congratulate and applaud her.
    Last edited by dither; August 27th, 2018 at 06:06 PM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    No computer recently, so been getting a bit of reading done, just finished 'English in a hundred words' by David Crystal, very readable. now got four going. 'The view from the cheap seats' by Neil Gaiman, writing about writers and writing; Herodotus, The histories, some good tales to re-write; 'Who murdered Chaucer', by Terry Jones, interesting history, and take the title literally; and, 'Nathaniel nutmeg', about the history of the spice trade.
    Still on those four, they are all books that take a while, but I am acquiring more. 'This is going to hurt' , by Adam Kay, another David Crystal, and 'Pandora's daughters' by Jane Robinson have all crept in and been read in the meantime; and 'This Dark Business; the secret war against Napoleon.' by Tim Clayton, due out next month, has turned up. That looks like it might provide another distraction, I have already got into the introduction.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I just finished rereading Dragonlance: Dragons of Spring Dawning. This is one of my favorite books and includes one of my favorite wizards that I've had the pleasure of reading, Raistlin! Definitely recommend reading it if you like Dungeons and Dragons style literature.

The science fiction hall of fame volume 1.

Currently at a bit over 10% so far of 500 pages. The stories at the beginning of the book are long.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)