What are you reading now? - Page 203

Thread: What are you reading now?

Blog Entries
    I've just started reading J.B.Morrison's " the extra ordinary life of FRANK DERRICK AGE 81 " and it's hilarious. Brilliantly funny.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180504_211401650.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	21686
    Oh..Lord won't u buy me a merc
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Melissa Marr's Fragile Eternity, 3rd book in her Wicked Lovely series, based on the worlds and the four courts of Faeries.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

HRF Keating 'The Perfect Murder' the first 'Inspector Ghote' mystery. Not often I give up on a book, but I might on this one. I have no empathy with the main character, and he asks all the wrong questions. There are some long passages that are very repititious and boring, stuff that could be put effectively in a sentence goes on for most of a page, I skim quite a lot. I also find the transcription of 'Indian' talking a bit cliche, it must be hard to represent Indian people talking, but this is a bit stereotypical and annoying.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Anachronist, the first of the Infinity Engine stories by Andrew Hastie, very good it is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    HRF Keating 'The Perfect Murder' the first 'Inspector Ghote' mystery. Not often I give up on a book, but I might on this one. I have no empathy with the main character, and he asks all the wrong questions. There are some long passages that are very repititious and boring, stuff that could be put effectively in a sentence goes on for most of a page, I skim quite a lot. I also find the transcription of 'Indian' talking a bit cliche, it must be hard to represent Indian people talking, but this is a bit stereotypical and annoying.
    I had to take that book back to the library PDQ for all the reasons you mentioned, life’s too short!

Blog Entries
    Just finished " Welcome to Nowhere " by Elisabeth Laird.
    A novel set in war-torn Syria , and, to my amazement, actually found myself caring.

Recommended.

Now, all I have is a Dick Francis novel. Pulse. Can't think why I brought it home and wondering if I might not find it a bit racey.

Oh well, here I go.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

... find it a bit racey.
    Not a phrase I have heard for a while, hope it is 'up to speed' and you do
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Mr.Buckle I was just amusing myself when I said that. Many if not all DF novels, I believe, are set around horse-racing.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe that I've finished it already and what a brilliant read.
    Enjoyed.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.