What are you reading now? - Page 202

Thread: What are you reading now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th3d3mon.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	20939TH3 D3MON, by Sean M. Thompson.
    It's a story about a computer virus that may (or may not) have infernal origins and causes people to commit disgusting crimes, perform ritual murders, practice cannibalism, and enjoy other such adventures once they have seen the red screen of death. It is very possible, even probable, that the author is satirizing some or all segments of society in the process, in the most sincerely Romero-ish sense.
    The characters are very well-realized and the incidents are generally not gloated over, occurring in fugue states, keeping the book from being splatter and adding to the mysterioso air of the book.
    Great fun.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Bought 3 short ones today

Name:	IMG_20180313_192901960.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	21116 be
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    The Cursed Child - J.K Rowley
    "We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." - Albus Dumbledore

Link to my Blog: Hidden Content

Name:	IMG_20180316_093817960.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	21123
    Charity shop find today

The Auschwitz Poems (an anthology I found in used book store)

In truth, the poetry, for the most part, suffers. But, they are riveting reminders of those who suffered, due to hysteric nationalism & prejudice. I have lovely Nigerian Muslim neighbors. The poems are written by those in Auschwitz; their families; and, those who visited concentration camps (I visited Dachau in '73; wrote one of my first poems about it; it compels writers to write).

I had the book at my daughter's last week. It provided an opportunity to share with my granddaughters this horrible part of human nature. I foresee chimneys rising everywhere. Do you smell them?

Av u posted your poem or wud u post it on WF..

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Av u posted your poem or wud u post it on WF..
    Escorial,

This is one of the very first poems I ever wrote. The note, at the bottom, is to my granddaughters. Funny, I never put questions in my poetry now. But, I think questions fit this poem.

Sterilized Human Nature

What?

No initials here are carved?
    No scratch lines count time?
    No claw marks or pounded dents?
    Where is the anguish written?
    Is it tattooed only upon wrists?

No acrid air blocks light?
    No smell dulls the senses?
    No ash singes hearts?
    Where is the cloud hanging?
    Is it over heads someplace else?

No wind echoes cries?
    No ground shakes in sobs?
    No tree bows in shame?
    Where is the witness here?
    Is it only witnessed from afar?

No hail stones the stack?
    No lightening strikes burn?
    No vine hangs like a noose?
    Where is the wrath of nature?

Is it inside mankind, ever lurking?

Syd & Kate: Went to Dachau, 1973. Too sterile for the evil that was there. -gammy

Blog Entries
    Claire North's " the Sudden Appearance of Hope. "

I'm 359 pages in and haven't the faintest idea where this thing is going, can't believe how I have, that I am, still reading this damned thing but I am and I shall. I DO hope that there is a point to this and that I get it.

A very confused dither...
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Claire North's " the Sudden Appearance of Hope. "

I'm 359 pages in and haven't the faintest idea where this thing is going, can't believe how I have, that I am, still reading this damned thing but I am and I shall. I DO hope that there is a point to this and that I get it.

A very confused dither...
    I read 'One hundred days of solitude ' recently, that was a bit like that, nothing actually happened, even when it happened, like a whole crowd being slaughtered, nobody admitted it happened. Also it follows the family through the generations, but people keep getting named after their grand parents or their father, so they end up all called by small variations of the same, Spanish, name. Quite glad to finish that one.

read 'The fire and the fury', a bunch of hearsay and innuendo was my impression. Just started 'Stoner', a fictional biography. Not far in yet, but some really nice writing.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Well, I finished it and I don't know. It HAD to end, as all stories must, obviously, but but but...

Life eh?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.