What are you reading now? - Page 198

Page 198 of 228 FirstFirst ... 98148188190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2274

Thread: What are you reading now?

Her adult collection I know is called 'The left hand of darkness', but as I remember I would call it science fiction rather than fantasy. She was the daughter of Alexander Kroeber who was the leading social scientist of his day, author of 'Configurations of culture growth', I think it was, and her mother wrote 'Ishi, last of his tribe', also under the name Le Guin. That is the biography of a Californian indian. They are both worth reading, but 'culture growth' is a bit heavy going and fairly huge.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

She is smart, and had a smart family and has talent. I read left hand of darkness in high school as the first science fiction novel and which was the first popular fiction I was exposed to reading probably.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries

Because I bought this,this,rubbish.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I just read "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

And now I'm going to be reading "Ex-Heroes" by Peter Cline when it arrives.
    "When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand." - Raymond Chandler

Got the first two books I was recommended(first two books of earthsea series). It's been such a long time since I read book 1 and never read book 2. One chapter is named the school of wizards. I wondered if this is one of the books that influenced some authors, and made some notes of things I liked. Reading it now. I might read two chapters or 3 a day. To add credibility she has a very big world she explains easily, and many tropes used I am picking up. Its better training than expected. Easy to picture the scene but not as much dialogue as some of the big novels I have recently at the beginning of the novel. But she uses a lot of poetic words. For example tanner's yard is used to allude to the sun and a fire and is a character. That is all glad to have bought it. Reminded of high school. I would have preferred a book but then I wouldn't be able to make notes.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    Just to give me needed breaks from the "f**k it" thing I borrowed a copy of " The Good The Bad and the Smug" by Tom Holt.

We shall see.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Right now I'm reading Sense and Sensibility. It's the only Jane Austen I've never attempted (I love Emma and P&P but never got into her others). I'm also trying to get through a book in French which takes me about ten times longer to get through. Good thing it's very thin (Dora Bruder by Patrick Modiano).

I recently got a decent assortment of library books (I'm in France and the English-language book selections at libraries are a little limited)--one of Alice Munro's short story collections, the Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead, The Sellout by Paul Beatty, and The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe. Not sure which of them I'll pick up next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_205841184.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	20604

Those Germans bombed our chip shops
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I'm reading The five-minute writer, The writer's journey, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone (along with the audiobook) and I'm listening to the audiobook The English & their history by Robert Tombs
    I'd like to improve my English Hidden Content Hidden Content

One new an second hand...bruegel for me the first painter without that flatness perspective an the other the best Norwegian novel for sum[

ATTACH=CONFIG]20674[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180123_185816925.jpg  
    The only one who can heal you is you.