What are you reading now? - Page 194

Thread: What are you reading now?

Quote Originally Posted by ppsage View Post
    Listening to Born a Crime by Trevor Noah. The 'Hitler' story was so funny I spilled my whiskey laughing.
    What was funny...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

So, under apartheid, education in the townships was so poor, ideas about ww2 were slight and confused. Also under it, blacks were required to have an 'English' first name, that the whites could pronounce. These were taken rather randomly, and Hitler isn't uncommon. It's the name of Noah's troupe's featured dancer. The crew chants 'go Hitler' when he dances. Their group is invited to perform at a cultural jamboree at a Jewish academy....
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by ppsage View Post
    So, under apartheid, education in the townships was so poor, ideas about ww2 were slight and confused. Also under it, blacks were required to have an 'English' first name, that the whites could pronounce. These were taken rather randomly, and Hitler isn't uncommon. It's the name of Noah's troupe's featured dancer. The crew chants 'go Hitler' when he dances. Their group is invited to perform at a cultural jamboree at a Jewish academy....
    This gives me an idea, if we set up as producers and get little old ladies to invest... Oh no, wait a min.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWAftermath.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	20158

Name:	Sleeping_Beauties_novel.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	20159
    Hidden Content
    PlayStation gamer and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn lover!
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I'm at page 24 in " long road from JARROW" by one Stuart Maconie.
    Could turn out to be a difficult read but gotta be done I think.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 51KY-fzSCvL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg  
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Black Lavender Milk by Angel Dominguez.

A book of ritual, thirst, reconnection with ancestral roots, poetry... so good so far. Invites the reader to dream, to drown, and to wake up with a tongue seeking more.
    To be water. To be the Hidden Content .

Blog Entries
    How will it be to die of a stroke ??
    of cancer ??
    of AIDS ??
    of a heart failure ??
    of Alzheimer's ??
    Sherwin B. Nuland knows - and has written a book about it: "How we Die".
    He takes the reader through the stopping of circulation, the inadequate transport of oxygen to the tissues, the flickering out of brain function, the failure of organs, the destruction of vital centers ... and much more, which are common for the things we have to experience when in the process of dying.
    Interesting ...
    Don't you want to know ??
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Germane to some of the topics in the 'writing discussions' area and a good volume in general, at least the best I've found so far: Without Conscience.

Name:	withoutconscience.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	20211
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    Germane to some of the topics in the 'writing discussions' area and a good volume in general, at least the best I've found so far: Without Conscience.

Name:	withoutconscience.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	20211
    I️ have read that book and it is excellent. For those who want something similarly paranoia inducing though perhaps a little more kitchen sink, may I️ also recommend “The Sociopath Next Door” https://m.barnesandnoble.com/p/socio...RoCklkQAvD_BwE