What are you reading now? - Page 152

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: What are you reading now?

Started Gone with the Wind today. High expectations but the first chapter is good. Here we go!
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Quote Originally Posted by danielstj View Post
    Started Gone with the Wind today. High expectations but the first chapter is good. Here we go!

i never knew that was a book to begin with...cool
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Well,
    three out of three.

Enjoyed Esther Freud's " Mr.Mac and Me "...... and..... Ben Elton's " High Society"

And maybe i shouldn't be so surprised but i can't believe that i'm enjoying Maeve Binchy's " Chestnut Street."

It really is a learning experience though. Amazing writing.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    I found a " Rushdie " midnight's children and, another Binchy, The RETURN JOURNEY.

I'm becoming a Binchyite.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    I found a " Rushdie " midnight's children and, another Binchy, The RETURN JOURNEY.

I'm becoming a Binchyite.

I am a huge Maeve Binchy fan! I have almost all of her books, I read them over and over...there is something soothing about her unpretentious style and the way she entwines love, tragedy and relationships into a beautiful, hopeful picture of life... My favorite is "The Glass Lake"

Blog Entries
    magic,
    i'm almost at the end of "Chestnut Street" and the depth of her writing is awesome. When you read it, well, when i read it, it seemed so fragmented and yet it all fits perfectly. Amazing. I shall be looking out for her stuff.

"The Glass Lake", noted.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Let me know what you think....

Ann Rivers Siddons: Islands.... fabulous way to escape the mundane, but stay in reality....

Blog Entries
    majic,
    i have a list by my side and when i go to the library i look.

I'm keen to find Albert Camus, desperate almost, but you take from what they have.

Maybe i should move to a city, bigger libraries, but i'm a country boy. Y'know? Mud 'n' pig-shit.
    Last edited by dither; August 20th, 2016 at 02:39 PM.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    majic,

I'm keen to find Albert Camus, desperate almost, but you take from what they have.

I am curious... I will check out Albert Camus....

I just finished "Gretel and the Dark" by Eliza Granville. It's a story about a young girl in Nazi Germany and a psychiatrist in late 1800s Austria. Their worlds collide in an interesting way through fairy tales and stories. I would reccomend it to anyone.

I also finished "Relic" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. It's about a failed expedition in the Amazon jungle and the repercussions of the expedition. It takes place in the New York Museum of Natural History where a monster picked up during that expedition is killing people. It was surprisingly interesting (I saw the movie first) and kept me engaged with just enough science and history.