What are you reading now? - Page 128

Thread: What are you reading now?

Currently reading 1984 by George Orwell. The vision of a Dystopian future in which we are all watched by Big Brother.

Re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird. It's a much better book today than it was when I was in high school 45 years ago.

To set a watchman, it's a crummy book compared to To kill a mockingbird.
    Watching the English, Kate Fox
    Fox Lane on Classical Greece and Rome
    The bloody game, first hand accounts of war
    Life and times of Jane Austen
    Early one morning
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Got done recently with "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov (loved it!)
    "Ubik" by Philip K. Dick (Really enjoyed it, though not at all what I thought it was going to be.)

Now currently reading "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov and "Inferno" by Dante. Then next up is "Amerika" by Franz Kafka
    Welcome to the NHK everybody. It is quite the ride.

Just finished Neverland by Douglas Clegg.

Good story. Not the best horror I've read, but better than most.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Blog Entries
    Am coming to the end of "To Kill a Mocking Bird" and once again i am in awe of the writing.
    This book could have been written for GP.
    He jumps off the pages at me.
    Amazing.

Finished it and i'm confused.

At first,
    i thought the story was about Tom Robinson, and then, i thought it was about Atticus.
    It's, it's, about America.
    Isn't it?
    Last edited by dither; October 7th, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Well i don't know. I went into my local Library with just one thought, find a Steinbeck. I paced up and down, scoured the shelves, found nothing, and then this book-title grabbed my attention like nothing else ever has. I couldn't believe how strongly that i was drawn to it.
    Now here i am, at chapter two, of " The Lavender Keeper" by Fiona McIntosh.
    A yarn set in France during the second world war and, it's going okay. We shall see.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Just started Mark Twain's, The Innocents Abroad. I'm looking forward to reading Twain's thoughts and observations unfiltered by a character's POV.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

I usually go back and forth between two or three at a time.

Currently I am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Interviewing and Interrogation for Law Enforcement.
    "Let not your mind run on what you lack as much as on what you have already." Marcus Aurelius

Blog Entries
    Continuing reading Beyonders: Chasing the Prophecy by Brandon Mull and V for Vendetta by Allen Moore and David Lloyd. Also reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle.
    Hidden Content
    PlayStation gamer and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn lover!
    Hidden Content