untitled (an allegory for young people, 440 words.)

Thread: untitled (an allegory for young people, 440 words.)

Blog Entries

untitled (an allegory for young people, 440 words.)

This needs some work but does speak for itself.

Once upon a time, there was a school for immature people. They were not stupid people, some of them were quite bright. But these people wanted to become important, and that was a problem because vanity is a deadly sin.

There were teachers at the school who tried to help these immature people but often felt ignored and gave up trying to assist them. There was one class where there was no teacher at all. This was art class. Students would sit in a circle and paint pictures, pass them around and tell each other how wonderful the other’s work was. Occasionally a teacher would stop by to help but he would immediately be ignored because most of the students did not want to be taught.

Then along came a volunteer, who never claimed to be a teacher or great artist but had the spirit of great artists with him. He tried to give help to the students in the art circle. He tried to show them the how to use their brushes properly and keep them clean. He tried to point out errors in color and shape. The obstinate students said, “We don’t care about your forms, we don’t care what you say. These are our worlds we’re putting on the canvas and we can use any old form we please.

The volunteer sighed but remained undaunted. Then finally one student named Rhythm decided he would play a dirty trick on the volunteer and found a hairy black venomous spider and placed it inside the upholstery of the chair where the volunteer liked to sit. The volunteer had always sensed Rhythm’s evil nature from seeing his disturbing art and was always on his guard. He immediately detected the lump in the chair cushion before he sat. He removed the spider from the chair and with his bare fingers, removed its venom sack. Bringing the spider to Rhythm, he showed it to him and stuffed it down his shirt. Rhythm was unaware the spider’s bite was now harmless and was greatly afraid as he felt the pain of the spider’s bite over and over again.

The volunteer smiled at Rhythm and asked him “What’s the matter, don’t you have your spider trained?”

Rhythm began to cry because he was afraid of dying, and the volunteer said, “If your faith in the Lord was strong, you wouldn’t be afraid of anything at all.” The volunteer stayed for a year and then left the little school for immature people who wished to become important and went back to doing what he had always done, finding those in need and offering his help.

I welcome intelligent comments or criticisms or even snide remarks. But the work is finished as it is.

bye bye Ted.
    [SIZE=3]A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,
    adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    -
    Ralph Waldo Emerson, from his essay 'Self-Reliance'-1841

I enjoyed reading this very much. I only wish it was longer!

I am not a religious person, but I took it as a reference to Jesus and his teachings and that he will help those who need it most.
    HTML Code:
    Cave Johnson said:    
           All right I've been thinking... When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. 
           Make. Life. Take. Those. Lemons. Back.
           Get MAD! Get ANGRY!
           "I DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID FREAKIN' LEMONS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?!"

I enjoyed this piece of work. It gave me a laugh and at the same time had a good moral to it.