Once A Warrior... - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Once A Warrior...

Hello Shattered,

Time constraints prevent me from doing much more than saying "Thank you!" for the review. While I appreciate the comments on the good parts, the primary interest I have is in the critical analysis of the bad parts. Your points are well taken, and I will be going over them to hopefully improve the work. When time permits, I will try to post a few snippets of the improvements.

In general, I want to again thank everyone for their support, encouragement and suggestions. But special thanks to both LaughinJim and ShatteredUniverse for the depth of their critiques. I am in awe, and eternally grateful. I wish I could do that kind of critique. Both were handled very professionally and it is greatly appreciated.

Lastly, it is my hope that others will benefit from the depth of these critiques as much as I have.

Best regards

CB

I have been working on fixing and re-writing and polishing this story over the last few days and I wish to thank everyone again for the terrific feedback. As a bonus, my eldest son wrote a suite of music to go along with some of the major scenes and characters of the story. I offer this track for your listening pleasure:

02 Jovanovich Dynasty.mp3 - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

This track is the "Jovanovich Dynasty", sort of a theme for Nicholas in the story. I hope you enjoy! Now I am off with the Brasso and white towels again!

Blog Entries
    Ah Yorrick,

I hear your jibes, gambols and songs once more.
    (Is a gambol played with cards or dice?)

Hi CB,

Loved the theme worthy of Jove. No Brasso needed for tympani or horn (even electronic ones).

Jim
    [SIZE=3]A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,
    adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    -
    Ralph Waldo Emerson, from his essay 'Self-Reliance'-1841

Hi Jim,

Good to see you out and about again! My oldest boy composed an entire suite for the book using a program called FL Studio. I wish I had his talent. He plays the piano, guitar, bass, and probably anything else he sets his mind to. 'Bout the thing I can play is the radio!

Glad you enjoyed the piece!

BTW, I am in the process of applying a judicious amount of your suggested Brasso and white towels to the book, I think it is becoming a much better read now. Thank you once again for the time and effort you put into your critique.

And now, back to the Brasso!

Best regards

CB

BTW, I like the second bit you posted, CB. Parents! hahaha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234