Beta Readers Wanted

Thread: Beta Readers Wanted

Beta Readers Wanted

If you've been following my posts about Dereliction of Duty, you may be aware that a lot of things have happened/changed in the last few months. My novel was originally scheduled to be released as an e-book, to test the waters. Now, release has been delayed until late November, early December. The reason for this is that the company now believes it would be better to release both formats, with lots of promotion behind them. I'm good with this.

However, what I need now is a few generous souls who would volunteer to read the finished version of the novel and post a review about it on Amazon. I'm still a week or so away from getting the final edit for approval. When I do, I'll send the final version to those who would like to be a beta reader. I only need around five or six, so it will be a first-come, first-served basis.

If you agree, you will get the finished e-book at zero cost. I would like you to read it and then post a review, when the time is right, on Amazon. If you don't know what kind of review is required, or what to say, have a browse through Amazon's reviews and see what's what. If you're interested, either drop me a PM or put your name forward in this thread. I appreciate any and all help offered.

Thank you.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

I'd be pleased to do that, if you would.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Definitely, Mod. Thank you.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

I would be honoured. I already have a Kindle
    "I shall always feel respect for every one who has written a book, let it be what it may, for I had no idea of the trouble which trying to write common English could cost one—And alas there yet remains the worst part of all, correcting the press.' Charles Darwin

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    I hope all of you, on both sides of the equation, are familiar with the issues involved.

Have a look at this:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147623

I've worked both with and as a beta reader before. Zootalaws seems to have a head on his/her shoulders. I'm sure Sam has every idea. Thanks for the link, though. It's a good read.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx