Turnup the Cat - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turnup the Cat

Dear Lisa;

Thanks for taking the time to leave those suggestions. I agree with both you and Phyllis on the needed changes and I do intend to revisit this particular tale about Turnup. Glad I could give you your mornings chuckle.

fp
    I once read the back of a box of saltines. The grammar, spelling and punctuation were all perfect. The contents, however were a little bland for my taste. ~ feralpen

Most enjoyable, thank you so much for the read.

Ian
    golden streak splits the distant horizon
    magnificent explosion of dazzling light
    stunning, defiant
    ...daybreak, and life is simply awesome
    - ian m.g. smith (2011)

What a perfect Halloween poem, absolutely loved this fun story.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Banned
    Hehe feralpen is that your cat?..what a sweet piece so lovely.......I now want the cat

Thanks Ian;

Turnup is a favorite with several folks who've read some of his more ... ummm ... 'colorful' adventures.

fp
    I once read the back of a box of saltines. The grammar, spelling and punctuation were all perfect. The contents, however were a little bland for my taste. ~ feralpen

Morning Gumby;

Turnup sort of has a way of 'steppin' in it'. He always manages to survive though. The ordeal with a tampon was a close one but there are advantages to having 9 lives.

fp

Hi Nacian;

Turnup is a compilation of many cats and ... well ... me. I sort of fumble along as he does, take my licks and find a place in the sun when I can. Thank you for reading and leaving a kind word for ol' Turnup.

fp

I like the poem, and especially the fact that you captured the nature of cats, but the meter was all over the place. Was that intended or were you trying to match meter in each stanza and not throughout the poem? Not that it took away from the writing but I'm just curious about that.

Hi Punnikin;

Meter was erratic, some intentional some sacrificial. Like the three line verses in end rhyme, I sometimes try for the unconventional. Thanks for reading. Oh ... and ... Turnup says 'hey'!

fp

Cats are awesome!!! Oh, your poem was good too.
    "Intelligence without imagination is stunted, imagination without intelligence is lost"
    "Logic depends on knowledge"
    "Freedom is imperfection"
    "Life is short, living is long"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast