White Horses - Page 3

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White Horses

TKent--Thank you! This is my favorite poem and it is special to me. I still dream of these horses and they continue to haunt me. Tank you for reading "White horses". Peace always....Julia
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

The steely hooves really grabbed my attention. I literally saw what you saw when you wrote it. That does not happen to me very often.

I can't help but think there is a deeper sorrow in your heart that you were tapping into, the desire to he helped, saved as a child that comes out in these words. It is very haunting to me given my own childhood, I wanted someone to love me.

Excellent read, thoroughly loved every word, line and stanza. your clever use of words and rhythm set a perfect ambiance, For me, this is your best...so far.
    I find the first five days after the weekend the hardest !Hidden Content

Hidden Content

seems like an odd thing to say but it kind of fits for me..so poetic..so liked
    The only one who can heal you is you.

This poem is about the abuse I suffered as a child...That I survived, the Doctors say --Is a miracle...The white Horses knew my secret, but like me--they were powerless , the dead child bringing flowers, represents grief of innocence murdered. The white horses still run... Thanks Tundrawolf, Ethan and ecorial.Peace always...Jul
    Last edited by Firemajic; February 2nd, 2015 at 07:04 PM.
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    This poem is about the abuse I suffered as a child...That I survived, the Doctors say --Is a miracle...The white Horses knew the my secret, but like me--they were powerless , the dead child bringing flowers, represents grief of innocence murdered. The white horses still run... Thanks Tundrawolf, Ethan and ecorial.Peace always...Jul
    now when you throw that into the mix it gives the poem a voice beyond the words....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I'm so glad that TKent brought this one back from the past so that it caught our attention again. It has come from a deep, emotional place and everything about that origin is carried in every part of this poem - the imagery, word choices, atmosphere and rhythm all work together to paint this chilling and beautiful cry from the heart.

Superb poetry, Julia. I hope that expressing all this helped with your own pain and I'm sure it carries the power to help others.

jen

Thank you jen, your comments cut to the heart of the message, seeing beyond the written word...I know these horses will always run through my dreams, But now I know how to live with them. Peace...Jul
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Jules, I knew that this poem had a lot of meaning, but only guessed at the extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    This poem is about the abuse I suffered as a child...That I survived, the Doctors say --Is a miracle...The white Horses knew the my secret, but like me--they were powerless , the dead child bringing flowers, represents grief of innocence murdered. The white horses still run... Thanks Tundrawolf, Ethan and ecorial.Peace always...Jul
    I'm grateful that this poem was brought back. So now, having more insight on the "why" of your poem, it is much more meaningful, and your way of expressing, Julia, is superb. I'm also more than grateful that you survived the abuse and it has made you a very strong lady!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast